Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mark your calendars for December 18 2009 for the Bull Run Festival of lights meet and greet event. For those who are not familiar with this event put on by Bull Run Regional park in Centerville, VA it is a spectacular lights and display light show that runs through the entire park complex, and ends with a trip through the Holiday village complete with a bonfire ( Did somebody say Smores?) Here is a link to the web site for information.

Bull Run Festival of Lights - Main Page

This was a well attended event, and i do anticipate to see some folks there again this time along with some new owners. The plan is to meet at the Centerville Starbucks for hot chocolate or whatever your flavor is at 4.30 pm and then at about 6.00 mozy on over to the park as a group and see the lights andf displays there. and yes for sure park at the small village to take in the sights there ( To those who were there last year i was not all there about where to park for that part, but this time i will be)

The location is

Centrewood
14155 Saint Germain Dr.
Centreville, VA 20122
703-266-6593

if i recall it is the huge shopping center where the Giant Food is located just off of Lee Highway. You can mapquest it and find it easily. Look forward to a great time, and do confirm your intentions the same way the Skyline Meet was done so i can get an idea by listing your user name and real name. BTW all Smarts from the VA , MD , DC and guys from the Heart Of Virgina chapter, and those awaiting a Smart are more than welcome to come join in on the fun.

1. Eric Larsen- GStreetcomic

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Sorry, can't make it. It's the same night as our granddaughter's performance in "the Nutcracker", otherwise we'd love to.

·
Registered
241 Posts
2. Wallace Rumbarger - WRumbarger
3. Lyn LaComa - FUN SMRT
4. Donovan and Rachel - Dink74

·
Registered
54 Posts
3. Lyn LaComa - FUN SMRT
5. Holly Stewart -- DNT-SQSH

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey wanted to let you know that was meant for a saturday date, i would never get folks to fight the dreadful D.C traffic on friday, but here is the true date
Saturday December 19th 2009. lets shoot for the same times. Hope this will not mess up anyones day

·
Registered
54 Posts
3. Lyn LaComa - FUN SMRT

Sorry, Everyone. I can't go on Saturday. I'm in a Nutcracker performance! Holly

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is ok. I am in a holiday play myself early in the month.

3. Lyn LaComa - FUN SMRT

Sorry, Everyone. I can't go on Saturday. I'm in a Nutcracker performance! Holly

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Gang,

I'm not sure how to add our names to the list but we'd like to be added.

Harold & Mary Schramm - Smrt Bee
You been added. I look forward to seeing you there. :D

3. Lyn LaComa - FUN SMRT
5. Harold and Mary Schramm-Smrt Bee

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Gah... I had fun last year and would have loved to have been able to make it this year - the 19th is my company's black tie holiday gala event... I've got to head to that.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I so far have five confirmed Smarts as attendees of the meet, which makes for a nice time, but the more the merrier would be better. It is for next saturday December 19th 4.30 Centerville Starbucks and then heading over to the festival of lights. If there are any questions shoot me a message for more.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd like to go to this...

One of my headlights is off tho, I tried to replace the headlight bulb and now it's not the same way the other one was. Anyone here kind enough to help me w/ this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently replaced one of my head light bulbs. It was tricky getting the clip off until I realized how it worked.
But I was able to get the new bulb in, and it works fine.

I could look at it if we all meet, but I'm concerned about the weather forecast for Saturday. Not sure how well these cars do in 6+ inches of snow.

IS THERE A SNOW DATE??????

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was about to mention that actually. I learned of the huge snow just now, and if there is significant Snow, then yes for the interest of safety for everyone I will propose a snow date of December 26th which is the day after Christmas of course. Stay tuned you all for such developments. From what i understand, the snow is to begin late friday night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd like to go to this...

One of my headlights is off tho, I tried to replace the headlight bulb and now it's not the same way the other one was. Anyone here kind enough to help me w/ this?
I had one go out too. I even got a ticket for it and had to pay $82 - and this is after going to court. I had the dealer fix it (because I had the car for less than a year) but even though the dealer has fixed it I notice the same thing - one is brighter than the other. Could it be the bulbs they now use?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts