Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I may be able to make it Saturday the 26th - depends on if I'm scheduled to work. I'm usually scheduled until 5pm, which won't work for me if you leave at 4:30pm. But we'll see - maybe I'll get out at 2 or 4.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will have to check but I think we will be doing family stuff on the 26th so this may be a missed event for us. Shame we are getting the big snow this weekend.

Donovan

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
POSTPONED until Boxing day 12/26

Spoke with ERIC (he is on the road)
DC area is expecting 12+ inches of SNOW starting in a few hours.

For safety, ERIC is POSTPONING this meet until BOXING DAY Dec 26.

Same meet time and place.

STAY HOME and stay warm

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was about to post that Wallace. It is true, due to mother nature dumping up to 12 inches of snow tomorrow, the meet is without a resounding doubt rescheduled for the 26th. The for two may be designed to do well in snow, but the idea is to be safe about it. There are others on the roads who are not as apt to the snow as many, and the last thing id want anybody to be is in an accident and to be a part of safeandsmart.com: home not that it is not a good site for testimonies.
Besides my mother will go nuts if i am on any snow covered road. :D
This will give some others a chance to join up, and BTW we are meeting at 4.30 for coffee and then leaving around 5.30 or even 6.00 to head to the festival of lights, so if anybody would like to meet at the front gate at that time it be great. After seeing the lights we can see the winter village there. If you have any questions send me a message and i can answer anything you want to know.
Be safe, be warm, and enjoy the pretty snow outside the window. :)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hope it can be uncovered by then. Two of the other cars in my driveway are still buried in the snow. I just figured the parents are fine with the one car, and mine defiantly needed to be unveiled. Hope to see ya the 26th.

My Smart car is still buried...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just to let you know the latest and greatest weather report is calling for mostly rain on friday and saturday is calling for a sunny day. if there is any snow left it will be a great backdrop for the lights. if i don't hear from anyone before then Merry Christmas, and see you saturday.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I need to let you know that again there has been a change in the time for the meet and greet. Due to some monkey wrenches tossed my way in my family i need to bump up the meeting time to 6.30 pm that same night December 26th same place Starbucks in Centerville. I had some plans alter beyond my control today and got preempted on saturday. So the new time is at 6.30. PM please ket me know asap if that is good. It was either that or postpone again, and that is something i don't care to do. Merry Christmas all.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you Kooky for the kind words and i am sure the emergency was unexpected. I do want to let you all know for the record that this meet did have three cars total which was way down from last year, but i realize that even though the date was well planned out, mother nature threw out a record snowfall that made travel impossible, so the timing was not too great, and even though the meet was postponed until this weekend i was ok with the small group. What i did not expect was to find that the park was closed due to the place being flooded out making the trip though the lights an impossibility for that night.
I do want to take the time to publicly apologize for the abrupt change of time for meeting. I was to get together with my sisters on christmas eve, but my mother had not felt too well to go there, so the date was changed to tonight, making 4.30 impossible to meet up. I could not see going to this thing the day after new years and i could not see postponing the thing again. I am never the type of person who does things on a whim, but this was a situation i had come up very suddenly. I do prefer to plan things out as far as possible, and the next time i do propose a meet, that will still be the case.
I am thinking seriously of a good DC cruise for the spring, perhaps from a point in Virginia to the National Auberitum on New York Avenue N.E. I would need to plan the route carefully as to hopefully get some of the D.C guys to join in some point. March/April time frame would be ideal, I am open to any ideas on this matter. Happy New Year to all of you, and may the year have a far better ring to it if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Had a great time even without the lights

Howdy all
The three of us that showed had a great time sippin lattes at Starbucks, even though we didn't get to see any lights.

If anyone is interested, the lights will still be on thru Jan 10.

The Bull Run Festival of Lights is open 7 days a week, til January 10, 2010.
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Fridays - Sunday & holidays*: 5:30 to 10 p.m.

*(Holidays include Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)

Cost is $20 per car (les on weekdays), but coupons are available from their site
Bull Run Festival of Lights - Main Page

·
Registered
87 Posts
try again?

Well if the lights are still on til January 10, that gives us two more Saturdays, 1/2/10 and 1/9/10.
Should we try again? I could do either of those dates.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think that can be done. I can do either date as well. I say we should go for the second of January. :D

Well if the lights are still on til January 10, that gives us two more Saturdays, 1/2/10 and 1/9/10.
Should we try again? I could do either of those dates.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok now that the idea is out there, lets do this meet on January 2nd same time 4.30, Centerville Starbucks no monkey wrenches this time, and the weather is supposed to be good for that saturday. If any of you all want to join in let me know. Good way to start off the new year.
It should be a great time. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Guys & Gals,

Thought we'd drop a line.

We couldn't make the trip on the 26th because of other plans and we will be out of town on the 2nd of January.

Hope everyone that makes the trip has a great time.

Later.

Smrt Bee

21 - 40 of 40 Posts