Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be attending the Automechanica in Frankfurt next Monday through Friday to search for new accessories and replacement parts for the the U.S. model 451

This is the largest autoparts and accessory show in the world so Im sure to find something. I WILL NOT be looking at modification mechanical or performance parts as any changes will void the warranty. Perhaps in a year or two. However, if this doesnt bother you,,, send me your list.

IF THERE ARE ANY ITEMS WHICH YOU HAVE SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT BUT ARE NOT AVAILABLE HERE...PLEASE POST YOUR LIST HERE OR EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT [email protected]

I will do my best to find the best quality and price point.

Sherwin

·
Registered
37 Posts
How about a Left Hand visor with a mirror. The English cars should all ready have them, since they're RH drive.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
i want a 1/8th or 1/12th scale diecast smart 451 Passion.

i've got two on order, the 1/18th will be here soon but the biggest one, a 1/1 scale, won't be here until June of next year.....:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw on a UK smart site a cargo cover with the smart c> logo on it. I've been thinking of getting that. But I would rather but that product from you - a SCOA member - than someone else.

Lady G
livin' smart

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
the parabolic side mirror glass used in the EU would be nice to swap into the NA models.
smart driver's under-seat drawer
some of the more interesting apparel & other swag from UK and other markets.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Part # for that UN-heated driverside convex mirror is A 451 810 05 16. Only found one dealer that had it in stock. All the others had to order it.
Note: my smart parts dept here in San Antonio has one on order for me, should know next week if it comes in.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

I have just returned from two weeks in Germany during which I attended the automechanica...the largest parts and accessory show in the world. Ten huge pavillions each 3 stories high. Manufacturers and distributors from over 60 countries displaying everything automotive for trucks and cars.

THE BOTTOM LINE......
I COULD NOT FIND A SINGLE SOURCE OF 13" STEERING WHEEL COVERS.
I COULD NOT FIND A SINGLE SOURCE OF REASONABLY PRICED ACCESSORIES SPECIFIC TO SMART.

There is just not enough world wide interest or vehicle base in place yet to warrent any manufacturer to invest in tooling or distribution.

However!!!!! I did enter into serious negotiations with two companies one of which specializes in "appearance modifications" I will not further into that at this point. THESE ARE VERY EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. hopefully in the next weeks i will have some positive news.

For soft accessories...clothing etc. that is not available here in the states.... I HAVE FULL ACCESS TO ALL SMART APPAREL AND GIFT ITEMS.

Due to the extensive products lines available, and rather than open a clothing store...i will make the appropriate announcements and take orders in advance with a lead time of approx 3-4 weeks depending on availability of colors and sizes.

Further...All genuine mechanical parts INCL BRABUS are available on special order. Please submit all inquiries with the VIN number of your car.

PERSONAL NOTE: BOTH MERCEDES AND SMART AGREE THAT SHOULD YOUR CAR REQUIRE PAINTING.... THE AVAILABLE FORMULAS FROM THE USA OR EUROPE WILL NOT MATCH. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS THE SILVER AND BLACK ON THE METAL FRAME. THE COLOR IS INJECTED IN THE PLASTIC PANELS AND CANNOT BE DUPLICATED IN THE AFTERMARKET. ALSO...ANY ATTEMPT TO PULL OUT A DENT WITH HEAT OR WITH A "DENT PULLER" WILL ONLY MAKE THE PANEL A THROW AWAY ITEM.

It was a very very challenging week of "smart" shopping and I came away a little dissapointed in the availability of new products to offer.

As the vehicle base becomes larger and older, I will continue to add first quality replacement parts in addition to factory items not yet available in the aftermarket.

Thanks for all your years of support and I look forward to meeting a lot of new names in the future.

Sherwin

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sherwin,

Thanks for your efforts.

As you investigate future possibilities, please keep an eye out for interior cargo and protection items. This could be things like Weathertech or Husky Liner styles of mats and cargo liners, door sill guards, fitted luggage, and cargo retention systems.

I have no desire to buy $1400 Brabus Steering Wheels, billet aluminum shift knobs, or chrome door handles. I'm also not interested in most performance mods (I have a Miata and, frankly, my performance dollars are much better spent there than on an ultra-short wheelbase, high Cg car powered by a 1L 3cylinder engine). I realize that there are many people who will spend huge sums of money on just the things that I'm not interested in -- and I'm not criticizing them for it. Different strokes...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
please look at this cargo bag

thanks for your comments and points well taken...

you wanted a cargo organizer...

i have had this item since the 450.... please go the the ebay store
SmartCar Parts LLC Based in U.S., ship WorldWide: interior & exterior parts, accessories & add-ons for the Smart Car and look for the cargo bag.

I have none in stock now (sold out) and too much to bring in only one or two pieces...

If you;'re interested and if i can some interest in the item ill bring in another supply.

sherwin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts