Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a business trip to LA and I decided to drive (I live in SF). I chose driving since it is only a bit longer door-to-door than flying, and I could finally visit SmartMadness. I knew going in the dangers of visiting them from previous forum posts. Going into their shop with the intention of leaving with your smart un-modded is a futile effort. After spending a couple hours there, my car now looks more industrial than cute! :whipping:

Everyone there was really nice, and I ended up getting some Ace DeCorsa wheels in black/silver with the red machined lip. I'm super-happy with my purchase. I think the red lip adds a nice theme that matches the red interior and black body of the car. I'm happy I got 15" wheels too, since I'm wary of getting 17's while living in San Francisco. I got some for my previous car and before no time they were cracked on the horrific roads we have here. The price was super-great too, considering the excellent price on those wheels, the ability to use my current tyres, and the wheel buyback.

For a car named after a pioneering Industrial band, Front 242, I don't think I could have found a wheel that gave a more fitting look. They have definitely changed the character of the car from "cute" to "rivit-head". It is a more industrial look and more fitting with the EBM style of music and the fashions that match (think goth-club).

THANKS SMARTMADNESS! I hope to be able to come down again sometime soon to get the black Brabus headlights and maybe a lowering spring conversion to complete the look :)

Here's a pic of Front 2ForTwo outside the facility just after the wheel swap

...and here's one of Front 242's videos from the early 80's (my how far they have come since then) for good measure

·
Registered
823 Posts
Wow! Front 242! I always wondered if the 242 in your 'Carl242' was inspired by that. Lately, I have been digging up my old EBM stuff (LeaetherStrip, KMFDM, Laibach etc). Good stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts