Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up to this forum around October when I began paying a rent-to-own plan on a 09 Smart fortwo pure. I finally paid it off and picked it up 4 days ago! I really like this little car allot! Now that I own this thing I have a few questions...

I cannot for the life of me get the tire pressure light to turn off. I read a few "how to" guides on here but nothing seems to work. I aired up the tires to the indicated PSI while it was cold, and drove the car for a good while at 60mph or so in order to warm up the tires, and tried resetting it. Still no luck. I did notice that one of the little metal pieces that screw onto the tire valve is missing on my front left tire. I suppose that would be the sensor? Would this be whats causing the light to stay on? If so where can I find a replacement sensor?

also the indicator by my dome light says that the passenger airbag is turned off. I tried doing a internet search, but all I found was ways to disable the airbag, nothing to the contrary. What is the proper way to go about turning it on?

and finally if I "debadge" the emblem on the front of the vehicle to add a racing stripe sticker, What is the best way to reattach the emblem? Best adhesive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
1. TPMS. air up tires in the am when cool before driving the car. HOld button til tpms light stops flashing. Then drive the car. If it comes back on and pressures have not changed significantly, you have other problems. The sensor itself is on the inside of the wheel at the bottom of the valve stem. Valve stem service kits are available when changing the tires, those should be changed at that time.
2. Try placing a passenger in the seat, and the air bag off light should go out when they are strapped in place. That is normal.
3. 3-M trim adhesive double sided tape available at any car parts store.
Welcome to the Asylum. Pick your rubber room and settle in. Best to pick a room away from Jetfuel's room. His hair dryer is loud. :D Hair dryer = turbo. IN case you didn't know. :D

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
1. TPMS. air up tires in the am when cool before driving the car. HOld button til tpms light stops flashing. Then drive the car. If it comes back on and pressures have not changed significantly, you have other problems. The sensor itself is on the inside of the wheel at the bottom of the valve stem. Valve stem service kits are available when changing the tires, those should be changed at that time.
2. Try placing a passenger in the seat, and the air bag off light should go out when they are strapped in place. That is normal.
3. 3-M trim adhesive double sided tape available at any car parts store.
Welcome to the Asylum. Pick your rubber room and settle in. Best to pick a room away from Jetfuel's room. His hair dryer is loud. :D Hair dryer = turbo. IN case you didn't know. :D
+1 to everything he said. I did the racing stripe thing, and originally was going to put the badges back on, but I discovered it looked much better without them. Tastes vary, but that's what I did. Make sure you get some fine fishing line to take the badges off, that way you don't scratch the clear coat.

Oh, and welcome aboard...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts