Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
If you think about the background of the first group of people contacted, it is probably the upper elite group of smart enthusiasts who were watching daily for the chance to submit their order. If true, this would tend to be the highest percentage group of people to follow through with their completed order. That 80% number might go down as the contact list reaches the next level or the middle of the group. That would be good news for those in the rest of the country who may STILL not know about the smart.
Ron Gaus, aSmartCar.com

·
Registered
517 Posts
This - http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-11-11-smartcar_N.htm - is a great article and should really get the ball rolling even more on getting the message out to folks on the Smart.

I really like hearing "which so far has amounted to eight out of every 10 reservation holders saying they still want to buy one."
My favorite is: "Smart car officials won't say how many cars they expect to deliver in the first six months, only that they'll meet demand"

I somehow doubt that means they'll have everyone delivered in the first six months, but I can hope. Any why not? Since PAG's not advertising, when the launch hype dries up, it'll be cars on the road that generates the sustaining interest - and if they can get the full year's shipment from smartville in the first six months, the more cars on the road to increase interest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like how none of this news is actually fresh. This is the same stuff smart USA has been feeding us for the past couple of months. There are 3 things I want to know:

1. Where is my local dealership?
2. When am I getting my car?
3. What cool accessories can I get to set mine apart from the masses?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts