Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some local info out of Checkered Flag Motors in Virginia Beach, VA is that they will begin selling in late February 2008 with a monthly allocation of 15 to 20 vehicles. I don’t know if the statement was authorized by PAG, but it was made on HamptonRoads.tv by the Senior V.P. of CFM. See: http://hamptonroads.com/pilotonline/

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The story is by a short video clip on the website vice text. The vid was shot at Friday's "private" event before the public showing on the weekend.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The story is by a short video clip on the website vice text. The vid was shot at Friday's "private" event before the public showing on the weekend.

I can't help but think that in time, if smarts really catch on, that there will be additional dealers designated. If the business is there, PAG must surely go after it.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Late February More Believable Than January 1

Very good that information on availability is finally coming out. That helps the overall credibility of all the information. One thing that hasn't been mentioned in these forums yet is the impact of the lower availability on the resale market. Though dealers themselves are saying they won't raise prices, there will be those who are buying the initial 2008's that may have the intent of reselling them at a premium in smaller availability markets. Would depend upon the warranty transferability to determine how prevalent this might be.

Ron Gaus, aSmartCar.com

·
Registered
69 Posts
fishrdnc, have you received any info or emails/mailings or invites to road shows (I wasn't able to go to CF this weekend for a test drive)? I live in Richmond and put my $99 down back in March but haven't heard a peep from SmartUSA or any potential dealers, only received the newsletters :(

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
mikeJCW,

I received two email invitations to, and a follow-up thank you for attending the Friday 24 AUG "private" affair hosted by CFM. The three emails came from "Internet Brands" which is handling the road shows and whatever. One of the few CFM people who were allowed to remain after the event began told me that only IB presently has the data on the reservations and email addresses; CFM has not been provided with anything (yet).

I note that one of the honchos (well, honcha) at the event was from a very local PR & Marketing firm (Goldman & Associates, Norfolk).

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
GREAT VIDEO!!! I can't wait until we get coverage like that in my area here in Albany. I told the GM at the dealership that I may be their best salemen and quipped that I would accept a meager $25 dollar *bird dog* for everyone I sold....she just smiled. March is coming....She had told me that in the latter part of Fall they would be getting a demo car that I could drive again if I like....and I would. Maybe I should change my line of work?

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Ya... how about we get that many down here... I would much rather see 100,000 smarts on the road rather then 100,000 Toyota Prius cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts