Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
This thread reminds me of a quote by George Bernard Shaw . . .
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Not that there are any pigs in this discussion, but the points have been made and yet the wrestling match of words continues . . .
. . . and is bordering on annoying. :(

Ok, some smarts have caught fire. Too bad for the hassle the owners had to face, but that's what insurance is for. :shrug:

If one of my smarts burns up, my opinion may change, but I see this issue as a non-player with regard to a recall.

Is there a recall in the works from Porsche?

·
17,380 Posts
Actually yes. Every 2014 911 GT3 has been recalled due to the engine fires. A pool of under 1,000 cars. And those fires are completely unrelated to the very few smart fires listed...

·
Premium Member
7,618 Posts
This thread reminds me of a quote by George Bernard Shaw . . .
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Is there a recall in the works from Porsche?
Porche recall - ask me after I buy one, remove the comprehensive insurance and it burns to the ground?

Thought I smelled bacon cooking and it was just a sweaty pig...

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
Thanks for letting us know and for shamelessly promoting your website. Last I checked, Ireland was not part of the smartcarofamerica's physical region.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for letting us know and for shamelessly promoting your website. Last I checked, Ireland was not part of the smartcarofamerica's physical region.
You are quite welcome... :)

My Website is factual. I'm not trying to promote anything except the danger of the defect in the car that has caused it to catch fire for no apparent reason over and over. Unfortunately the defect that causes the fires knows no physical region. I'm not sure that denying that it happens or ignoring it because it happens somewhere else is the answer to resolving it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You are quite welcome... :)

My Website is factual. I'm not trying to promote anything except the danger of the defect in the car that has caused it to catch fire for no apparent reason over and over. Unfortunately the defect that causes the fires knows no physical region. I'm not sure that denying that it happens or ignoring it because it happens somewhere else is the answer to resolving it.
So, why haven't you started a web site about all the Tata Nano's going up in flames? Why pick on smart? I've got 176K+ on my smart, never had an issue with fire... If your so worried about the greater good, make your site about all cars with fire issues. Why no stories about the Porsches? What about the recent stories about Teslas going up after hitting something?:shrug:

Your just another pathetic hater looking to make a name for yourself. You hide behind an internet name, and try to make a splash. :(

I see my blocked list on here getting longer and longer...:mad:

·
Premium Member
7,618 Posts
With thanks to jsenka, George Bernard Shaw . . .

And how is that CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT of ONE going for you.

:troll2: Neuby, time to get over your own self and move on . . .

Sheesh, now I need to go take a shower after wrestling with a smelly TROLL! :troll:

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.