Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
this is for a synthetic "blend" oil change, does it make a difference if all of my oil changes have been done using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil??

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
. . . does it make a difference if all of my oil changes have been done using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil??
As a blend is likely not on the M-B approved list it probably depends on a couple things . . .
1. Still within M-B warranty - playing Russian Roulette

2. Beyond warranty - it's your car
But at the end of the day remember that FULL synthetic will last longer than a synthetic BLEND . . .

Thus, if you spend $40 on four quarts of synthetic and change it after 10,000 miles, or $20 on four quarts of a blend and change it every 5,000 miles, you end up spending the same amount - on the oil, YMMV.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cdr. Cody's greater thoughts and teachings

If you do use Firestone tell them to torque the oil drain plug to specs otherwise you may end up in a world of hurt!

·
Registered
536 Posts
As a blend is likely not on the M-B approved list it probably depends on a couple things . . .
1. Still within M-B warranty - playing Russian Roulette

2. Beyond warranty - it's your car
But at the end of the day remember that FULL synthetic will last longer than a synthetic BLEND . . .

Thus, if you spend $40 on four quarts of synthetic and change it after 10,000 miles, or $20 on four quarts of a blend and change it every 5,000 miles, you end up spending the same amount - on the oil, YMMV.
Yeah i still have about 30k miles of the mb warranty left over so might as well just get a full synthetic oil change. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts