Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would be one of the last to configure a 2008, but things changed:
Dear smart fortwo Reservation Holder,
Recently you were invited to configure your smart fortwo. At this time the configurator is currently undergoing maintenance. As a result, the configurator will be unavailable until early next week.
You will receive a new invitation to configure no later than Tuesday. Your delivery timeframe to receive your vehicle will not be delayed.
We apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to your configuration.

Kind regards,

The smart USA Team
and I received a new invitation to configure, in the middle of last night. So, ten minutes ago I logged into the configurator and did the dirty deed.

Originally I was excited for a white/silver with red interior Passion. Then, I started reading about all the troubles with the panorama roof and keeping the 42 cool in the summer. Living in the Mojave Desert, I'm keenly sensitive to these issues. I don't like sun/moon roofs anyhow, so that got me thinking about the Pure.

Fast Forward...I configured a white/black Pure with air conditioner and alarm system. I plan to paint the tridion and black body parts white, to match the body. I also plan to re-upholster the interior red and white*. The wheels will be covered with moon wheel covers. I have a radio 10 coming.

*The colors of the University of Wisconsin-Madison

·
Registered
210 Posts
Configure

Yea waited till eleven last night which was midnight eastern time zone and was able to do mine and says 12:01 configured

·
Registered
49 Posts
I didnt even realize I was configuring an '09 till this morning when I saw that yellow was gone and the hard top option was there.

I got the new red. Cliffjumper was just as cool as Bumblebee.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
#1386 here in Richmond, VA and I just config'd mine. Glad I was checking my e-mail today vs tomorrow. They still will not start on it until October. At least my 2009 is configured. I hope to receive it prior to December.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm 1521 (March 1, 2008). Until today my DDE was showing March-May 2009. I'm guessing that my moving up is somehow related to the opening of the Smart Center Las Vegas, which might happen within the next few weeks. They're currently remodeling a section of "Towbin Hummer" (LOL) for the Smart Center.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts

Originally I was excited for a white/silver with red interior Passion. Then, I started reading about all the troubles with the panorama roof and keeping the 42 cool in the summer. Living in the Mojave Desert, I'm keenly sensitive to these issues. I don't like sun/moon roofs anyhow, so that got me thinking about the Pure.

Fast Forward...I configured a white/black Pure with air conditioner and alarm system. I plan to paint the tridion and black body parts white, to match the body. I also plan to re-upholster the interior red and white*. The wheels will be covered with moon wheel covers. I have a radio 10 coming.

*The colors of the University of Wisconsin-Madison
just curious....why didn't you just choose the Passion in the colors you mentioned and add the SOLID ROOF option? :confused:

but i DO like the idea of the solid MOONS on steel wheels!!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm really getting excited now. My husband and I thought we would be in the last wave of the 08's, but we received our configuration invite last night (#1403) and from what everyone is saying we will be getting an 09! We are driving an orphan white with black passion and love it - we can't wait to welcome another smart into our family. We are going to test drive the cabriolet this weekend before we make the final decision on our configuration.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just curious....why didn't you just choose the Passion in the colors you mentioned and add the SOLID ROOF option? :confused:

but i DO like the idea of the solid MOONS on steel wheels!!! :D
I think the Passion solid roof option is a great thing, and I see that it was specifically mentioned in the Steve Embri (spelling?) letter. I don't know if the paddle shifters are a good thing, or not. I would have liked to have tried them out and get some hands on time with the Smart Car, this past weekend before re-configuring), but it's still hot and I didn't feel like driving three and a half hours to Riverside (through the Mojave Desert) for the test drive. I think I'm better off without the electric mirrors, I'll set the windows once and there will be no other drivers. The electric windows I could go either way. Electric windows can be very convenient, but malfunctioning electric windows can be a nightmare. (I speak from personal experience) As far as the wheels go, I like the idea of having unique wheels, and the look of plain, painted wheels is something I like. In this case, I can also have the plain, simple look of the moon wheel covers. It works well for my tastes. The Passion red interior looks absolutely great, I love everything about it. I guess it came down to me looking around at what customization is available, and I decided that this is an economical enough car that I might as well have a ball and customize into just the car I want. OK, that's my long winded response, I could have flipped a coin, gone the other way and still been completely happy.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Sorry all, I'm a 1597 and configured an '09 red/silver/red cabrio today for a DDE of Dec to Feb.
Buffalo, NY
No need to be sorry Randy! :) Great for you brother! SOOO, what are you going to do with 2 smarts? :think: Congrats! I guess we could all move to NY ! :eek:

:smartje.rd.zw:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts