Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Would you or Kamaal please take a few pics of your Cabrios with the top down but the rails still in place?

If I were to get a Cabrio, I'd probably never remove the rails.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
17,384 Posts
That colour combination is absolutely awesome!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know the day your car was built and it's ship out day? I am REALLY hoping mine is on this ship too!!!
at first was told-> MB is working on getting your car built the second week of May<
Then-> Your car now has an estimated build date! 6/10/16
Ship date 7/1....get to Long Beach 8/1<
I know it will arrive AFTER that 8/1 date :-(
Then will be in prep for a while

·
Registered
52 Posts
at first was told-> MB is working on getting your car built the second week of May<
Then-> Your car now has an estimated build date! 6/10/16
Ship date 7/1....get to Long Beach 8/1<
I know it will arrive AFTER that 8/1 date :-(
Then will be in prep for a while

Mine was built on 6/14. Still waiting to hear from the dealer if it has shipped yet:shrug: Dealer told me it would take 3 weeks from ship date to arrive in port, then another week to be delivered to dealer.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Mine was built on 6/14. Still waiting to hear from the dealer if it has shipped yet:shrug: Dealer told me it would take 3 weeks from ship date to arrive in port, then another week to be delivered to dealer.

Hard to imagine that your car wouldn't be on the water already, as it's been six weeks since production. Don't be shy – call your dealer to get a status update, and ask for the name of the ship and sailing date. You can follow that ship's daily progress on your computer or any device. The voyage takes about 30 days to the west coast (not three weeks). I got my car from the port in just three days, but delays there aren't unheard of.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hard to imagine that your car wouldn't be on the water already, as it's been six weeks since production. Don't be shy – call your dealer to get a status update, and ask for the name of the ship and sailing date. You can follow that ship's daily progress on your computer or any device. The voyage takes about 30 days to the west coast (not three weeks). I got my car from the port in just three days, but delays there aren't unheard of.

OH SNAP! MY CAR IS IN L.A.!!!!!! Should be at the dealer in this next week!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Please, do elaborate? Why are you saying no?
The cabriolets will be released this Fall. The only reason Oxnard and West Covina has a cabriolet, is purely for display purposes. The cabriolets that dealers will sell are going to sit at the vpc until they are shipped to dealers on the release date. :nerd:

·
Registered
52 Posts
The cabriolets will be released this Fall. The only reason Oxnard and West Covina has a cabriolet, is purely for display purposes. The cabriolets that dealers will sell are going to sit at the vpc until they are shipped to dealers on the release date. :nerd:

So, what is said release date then? Why is it so hard to find someone who actually knows what is going on with these cars????

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have been following smart cars since I lived in Europe. It still a mystery to me as to why all the info on them i.e. release date is held so close to the vest. It's not like we don't know what the 17's look like they are not under wraps anymore.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts