Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to purchase my first set of Winter tires. This is my first winter driving and I notice my Smart does... slide and lose traction far more than I'm comfortable with. I have Two 50 pound sand bags in the back, above each wheel, possibly in the wrong spot. Let me know? And one sitting in the front passenger seat. I'm pretty sure that one shouldn't be there. Back to the tires.

I'm looking into getting these :

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...9&autoModel=fortwo passion coupe&autoModClar=

Is this a SMART buy? HA, get it, smart? :nerd: Anyways lol.

I love my car purchase but I want to make winter driving a bit less scary on myself. I never drive fast during the winter and I always put a considerable distance between me and the next car. Is there anything I need to know about these tires? The current tires I have are stock from the Dealer and apparently "NEW" so... Will TPMS still work? Would I need to take my current tires off the current rims? That's probably a bit beyond my skill level. Any help would be great, thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sounds right. Our 2017 smart ED came with the next generation of those tires (Continental Contact Pro TX).
I couldn't believe how loud the road noise was and, a hard ride!

If anyone wants a set of the 453 size OEM tires with 140 KM (100 miles) let me know. I'm almost giving them away!

·
Registered
164 Posts
how is the miles per tire usage on the vredestiens compared to contis, and kumhos..? im in need of 4th set of tires for my 09.......at 144,000 miles....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts