Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been eyeing a smart for about a year now and findally landed a good deal on an 06 cabriolet diesel.
94,000 km on it and in very nice shape. Previous owner was not a DIY guy so wanted out. :shrug: I'm 3rd owner.
So far all is good, mobil 1 oil change, now needs clutch actuator cleaned and lubed. Looking forward to many years with it as it fits my small property extremely well as a second car.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first smart

thanks.. I was very happy to find a nice unmolested MB serviced smart.
Nice colors, nice interior, good looking and driving car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cleaned and lubed the clutch actuator a few weeks ago and what a difference it made...smooth shifts now with many seamless. Very impressed with the difference it made. Marked location with scriber before removal, and installed about 1/16" closer to engine to compensate for clutch wear.

took the motor off the actuator to clean and lube everything very well. one button head torx stripped so I used a 6" pipe wrench on the head of the bolt to remove it. easy.
No problem job except one of the 3 bolts holding the actuator to the transmission was stripped before I got to it. so some time spent correcting that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts