·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Cute....the car's not that bad too! ;)

I especially like the second pic - half the length of the "land yacht" towncar

·
Registered
465 Posts
...and a Mercedes-Benz logo on the hood!

Can someone pleeeeeeaaaassssseeeee tell me how to attach a picture - I've tried and i can't get it to work. I've uploaded to Flickr, copied the file location, pasted it into the the add image window. bit all I get is a posted link - not the image.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and a Mercedes-Benz logo on the hood!

Can someone pleeeeeeaaaassssseeeee tell me how to attach a picture - I've tried and i can't get it to work. I've uploaded to Flickr, copied the file location, pasted it into the the add image window. bit all I get is a posted link - not the image.
I believe that you have to belong to a Photo Website that specifies in your agreement that will host your photos.

1) One you have such a website photo gallery
2) Right click on the photo you wish to upload
3) Click on "Properties"
4) Use your curser to highlight the entire web address of the hosted photo
5) Right-click and select "Copy"
6) Go to the website where you want to post your photo
7) Open the thread where you want your photo to reside
8) Click "Paste"
9) Highlight the address and go up to the toolbar and select the "Insert
Link"
icon (World Globe With Chain Link). The address now will
have "
at the beginning and end of the address
10) Click-on the "Preview Post" bar at the booem of the thread
11) If the preview shows your photo, you can go back to your thread and
caption it

Hope this works, if someone has an easier method, let me know. I would like it too.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That's prety much describes what I've been doing - in much greater detail. I'll review it and try it again at home tonight. Thanks for your help.:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would pay an extra $500 to get that Mercedes Benz emblem on the front of my new Smart.

It adds a ton of class to the car

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would pay an extra $500 to get that Mercedes Benz emblem on the front of my new Smart.

It adds a ton of class to the car
We paid nothing extra . . . I would hazard a guess that at least 40% of TSR's inventory had the Mercedes emblem and the balance had the SmartCar emblem.

Can someone tell me if the older SmartCars sold in England and France had the Mercedes or SmartCar emblems?

·
Registered
21 Posts
emblems

Smart Car has had it's own emblem ever since the first production rolled off the line. Since the car was made by Mercedes there are many folks, especially dealers, who play on that fact and stick aftermarket Mercedes emblems on the vehicles to give the impression of More Prestige and to help boost their sales of the gray market vehicles. Those are the folks preying on the American public or trying to boost their own egos. Sad, since Smart is a great little car that can easily stand on its own.

Smart is a brand unto itself. Yes, it is made by Mercedes, but it has it's own logo and it's own appeal. I don't need or want to put a cheesy Mercedes emblem on mine just to show how "important" I am. I'm proud of my little 2005 Passion Cabrio just the way it is and I'm sticking with the Smart emblems all the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Smart Car has had it's own emblem ever since the first production rolled off the line. Since the car was made by Mercedes there are many folks, especially dealers, who play on that fact and stick aftermarket Mercedes emblems on the vehicles to give the impression of More Prestige and to help boost their sales of the gray market vehicles. Those are the folks preying on the American public or trying to boost their own egos. Sad, since Smart is a great little car that can easily stand on its own.

Smart is a brand unto itself. Yes, it is made by Mercedes, but it has it's own logo and it's own appeal. I don't need or want to put a cheesy Mercedes emblem on mine just to show how "important" I am. I'm proud of my little 2005 Passion Cabrio just the way it is and I'm sticking with the Smart emblems all the way.

For the record . . . No.1 We bought the car we liked, and it happened to have the Mercedes emblem already on it. No.2 . . . We have traveled extensively throughout Europe and have come across SmartCars with no emblems, SmartCars with the Smart Car Emblem, SmartCars with the word "SmartCar" spelled out in chrome, and SmartCars with the Mercedes emblem and SmartCars with with both.

Now according to your psycho-babble, those who have none must have taken them off so they could be included in the real un-washed masses; those that have it spelled out must want to challenge illiterates; and those that have both must be schizophrenic.

And you bought the Cabrio model just because you liked it and not because it is in the higher status end of the SmartCar. Based on your post, a Rolls Royce emblem on a Rolls Royce couldn't add class or importance to you. God I hate these self-appointed and self taught holier-than-thou shrinks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
smart

Sorry your feelings were hurt. The previous poster asked if the Smarts came with a Mercedes emblem and I answered it. Having lived in Europe for over 7 years and being very familiar with them I wrote what I knew.

If you have a Mercedes emblem on your car, more power to you. But, the fact remains that there are US dealers who are importing the Smart Cars, putting on that Mercedes decal and selling them to unknowing Americans at outrageous prices. This is a vehicle that sells new in Europe for about $15,000 and these dealers are selling them for $25,000 plus. They remove the original Smart emblems and stick on a Mercedes emblem for their own marketing ploy.

Of course that will all change next year when they will be legally imported to the US by Daimler Chrysler and the prices start at the normal $14,000, or so we hope. And guess what, they won't have the Mercedes emblems on them. Just the standard Smart emblem that was originally designed to be on them since way back in the late 90's when the vehicle first hit the streets.

I think you read more into my post than what I intended, and for that I apologize. But it is a fact that the Mercedes emblem is not part of the Smart history.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It takes far more to hurt my feelings than idiotic statements from snobbish twit.

Hope you enjoy the heck out of your Mitsibishi SmartCar!! Sorry . . . . Correction you have the only real, authentic SmartCar, . . . Others that wait and get them for $12 to $14K will get the Mitsibishi SmartCar!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It takes far more to hurt my feelings than idiotic statements from snobbish twit.

Hope you enjoy the heck out of your Mitsibishi SmartCar!! Sorry . . . . Correction you have the only real, authentic SmartCar, . . . Others that wait and get them for $12 to $14K will get the Mitsibishi SmartCar!!
And so it begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on a forum where no one even has one of these cars yet (US version).

Don't get your panties in a wad alejake. You seem to get offended fairly easily.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And so it begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on a forum where no one even has one of these cars yet (US version).

Don't get your panties in a wad alejake. You seem to get offended fairly easily.
Just cuz' TomCat's wear panties doesn't mean all men wear panties.

You know it's amazing . . . I post a photo of my car, and I am attacked as being anti-environmentalist, a snobby phony, and now by you. And when I take a shot back I am seen as the bad guy.

If you want to name call or accuse others of some sort of psychological weaknesses, be prepared to have someone get in your face. If you and the others can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, or preferably . . . mind your own business. I have never initiated a post critical of another, but I refuse to stand back and let others take potshots at me with immunity.

God I love getting into gunfights with unarmed twits!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.