Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it did, but only this one as a tease. :)

Len

·
Registered
713 Posts
I meant as a product line. Available for the general public without dealing with self-importing.

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew what you meant. I was only yanking your chain, thus the smiley face. :)

Len

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to get the mini one! It's like a luxury golf car I could use when playing. But I'm just not sure if they still make that but I saw one from China.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a new 2003 soft top roadster for two years (that was the length of warranty at the time in the UK). During that time the car was in the garage eight times, mainly due to rain water leaks which was a very common problem on the roadster. Leaks from the door mirrors, the door speakers, and the front bulkhead damaging the SAM unit. Also the soft top roof and boot. The car was continuously smelling of damp. Also the steering rack packed in, another common fault of making a rumbling noise at slow speed. So new steering rack fitted. That was enough for me and sold the car at end of warranty. It was a pity as it was a brilliant looking car, a drivers car, really good at holding the road round bends due to the low centre of gravity. Mine had the expensive three spoke alloy option. It was just the poor quality build that ruined it with dampness. Yet, all my Fortwo's Coupes and Cabrio never leaked at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts