Smart Car of America Forum banner

First time Smart Owner - Central Florida

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  167247 
#1 ·
Hello I bought a 2015 Passion last week from an older gentleman in NoFla that had intentions of towing behind his motorhome. He got it set up then decided to get a Jeep instead. Anyway I am the 4th owner of the car that started as a lease vehicle from Tampa Mercedes-Benz. The first owner put 28,000 miles on it in 3 years. Second owner in Florida had it 11 months and put 12,000 on it. Third owner in Florida had it since 2019 and put less than 4,000 on it. It has 44,640 on it now and honestly this car looks new outside and in. It runs great and I can’t get over how clean it is. I hesitated on the purchase because of the rarity of parts and service centers but couldn’t pass it up. Hoping to learn a lot from this forum and all of you expert owners that will help me keep it on the road for several years to come.

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome to the forum. First "TO DO" is find a repair shop that has an up to date MB Star program.
Any trouble shooting/repairs are done with it....................
Welcome to the forum. First "TO DO" is find a repair shop that has an up to date MB Star program.
Any trouble shooting/repairs are done with it....................
Thanks for the tip I appreciate it

#11 ·
Late to the welcoming party... sorry. Enjoy your for two they are indeed special machine. Some of us have been around here for a long time. I signed on early.... back in the put down $100 and wait days of 06-07. Currently on my second one a 14 BoConcept Carbio that is set up to tow behind my motorhome. Where in North Fl are you located? I live near Ocala. Have been lucky that nether of my smarts have needed any major service yet.

#12 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I see many on the forums that have several years into Smarts and the posts have been very informative. I have a motorhome too and usually tow my Ford Ranger but the Smart I recently picked up is set up for towing so I can take it when the mood strikes. I am actually in Central Florida near Winter Haven. Safe travels to you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.