Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got home last night and when I shut off the motor, the lights flashed 3 times. I restarted the car and shut it off again and same thing... I could lock the doors and unlock the doors just fine without the extra flashing. Don't recall seeing this before. Any ideas??

:shrug:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which lights flashed 3 times? The interior lights, something on the dash, or the headlights. My headlights flashs 3 times when I push the button to lock the door. Did you hit the button without realizing it?

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was the parking lights, no beeps or inside lights. I did notice the lock button on the dash was flashing. I checked the doors and they were all closed all the way. Maybe my key fob is worn down and the button for lock is sticking?

I don't think I hit the lock button both times but maybe??? (2009 Pure so no alarm system)

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Aren't the parking lights supposed to flash on locking (for cars without the factory alarm system)? I think that's the way it works on most M-B cars. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup they always have but I was still sitting in the car with the key in the ignition, and the lock button on the dash was flashing for quite awhile afterwards. I'll have to go out and play with it again and see what is going on. Maybe it is unhappy I left it home when we went up to the cabin for a few days...

usually I see them flash when I am walking away after pushing the lock button on the key.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Could have been related to the fact you had the key in the ignition. I tried unlocking the back with the key still in the ignition and it wouldn't unlock. Don't recall if I got flashing lights or anything else. I just figured it was set up not to let you lock or unlock from the key while the car is turned on.

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well tonight it didn't act the same. (??) worked just like it always has in the past.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Do you happen to remember if that occurred before your first one
smoked?>:D Maybe that is the warning that it is about to release the smoke out of the SAM.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the factory alarm, and when I lock the car, only all of the blinkers (front turn, side turn, and rear turn lights) will flash three times with a beep sound matching the flashes. I thought only those lights would flash with or without the alarm.

A side note, when I changed my parking lights to LED's for a short time those new parking lights would flash with the other turn signal lights. over time this stopped by it's self, now it's back to normal. Does anyone else find this odd?

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No factory alarm, but it still flashes 3 times when you lock the doors, and once when you unlock. I think I have traced the problem to the buttons on the key being mostly worn out. i think they will sometimes actuate because of the buttons losing their spring. Gonna replace the key cover/ buttons.

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just replaced the fire extinguisher under the seat, but I always have a Mtn Dew or 2 just in case...:tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts