Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...well...today my bride got the blinking wrench with an accompanying flashing D in the dash...no power loss so no limp mode....
...it flashes in all modes except for P....auto RND or manual 12345 engine running or not..
...the wrenchs will not clear no matter what....the re-teaching no good either...
...read the 30 plus pages on clearing the flashing wrench and nothing..... not even holding my right testie with my left hand will make them go away...
..the clearing procedure for the wrenches call for the double tap to bring up the wrenches....but as soon as the cluster lights up they are there....that procedure did change to the next maintenance event ( 10K)...
...2012 cabrio...

Jetfuel...open to ideas...no trade or dynamite please...:D

·
Registered
9,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....I'll try that...the hair dryer special just got a new battery last month...not too bad for a '09 battery..

Jetfuel...thanks..

PD...got a funny feeling about the clutch actuator...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Everything on modern vehicles is controlled by electrickery. Mental masturbation will produce myriad guesses but the place to start is to scan the trans control unit and see why it is not happy. I know I keep repeating this but standing by the car and shaking your fist or grabbing your goolies will not produce a satisfactory result.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi fellow SCOA members, this same exact problem came up with my 2008 Cheewawa. While driving at speed today, the gear was momentarily lost, maybe for about 5 secs. and then surged back up to speed (60 mph). Drove it with ears to the car and noticed a bit of a lag whenever I stepped on the gas. Noticed my scangauge reading 3100 rpm at around 62 mph but unsure of what's normal. Then I saw the D blinking. No CEL, though. I tried bumping it into manual, and I saw the 4 and 5 blinking as well. It was about 20 minutes before reaching home so I just drove at 50-55 (2600-2700) rpm. When I reached my town, after the lights, at low speed the car was hesitating into and out of gear. It was just 3-4 more blocks to home, so I bumped it into manual. It stopped the hesitation. Got home.

Back in my regular parking spot at home, I switched off the engine, waited a few secs, put the key back in, and started the car again. The RND still blinked, and I noticed that the 2 spanners are out and blinking as well. No CEL, no burning smell.

Battery is about 10 months old. Odometer reads 211,750.

I saw a mention about this in another thread suspecting tranny ECU. Any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts