Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car used with 26,200 miles. It has 29,200 mil. Oil was changed just before I bought it. I don't have service records on the car. I DO have a flashing wrench. Is there any way to know WHAT service I'm being alerted to do? If it were the double wrench I'd head in for 30,000 mile service. Ideas?

Charlie

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
This is what I call service A with a twist. Mercedes interval is 10k miles or one year. A is every other year/mileage interval starting at 10k, B is also every other year/mileage interval but starting at 20k. So it's in sync with the mileage. At 2 years/20k miles the brake fluid should have been changed. Does your brake fluid look good? Around 3 years it gets dark in my experience with Mercedes at least. At 30k miles the spark plugs should be changed if I recall correctly. At 4 years/40k miles the coolant should be changed, and again with the brake fluid for the second time. I think at 60k miles the valve clearance should be checked.

As Len notes check the maintenance guide for further details. I may not be remembering everything, especially since our dog woke me in the middle of the night barking at something outside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Yes, I did forget the cabin filter and air filter change intervals. From memory every 10k miles for the cabin filter and every 30k miles for the air filter.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Oops, just verified with the maintenance booklet, it's every 20k miles for the engine air filter, not 30k like I thought. At every 60k miles one should also change the poly v belt(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts