Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air pump and Goo

Where is the air pump located. I own a 2008 Smart Car for two Passion. Is this pump on the bottom of the car outside or is it under the floor board on the passenger side under the floor mat? Someone please give me a specific detailed location. My wife has the car for the week and I need to know this immediately. Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2008 Smart car for two Passion. I'm concerned about not having a donut tire or spare. What are folks doing when they get a flat? I have Triple AAA and I know the car has a pump and goo, but is there a specific place we can attach a donut just in case. I heard it is not a good idea to use the goo since it will damage a sensor which is expensive to replace. Tire conundrum here??:eek::confused::confused::confused::smartje:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Digger is right on, remove the plastic round screw carpet retainer at the top right of the footwell. Pump and can of goo should be right on top in the foam.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys big help. Excellent. I told her to pick up a can of ride on gel since there is no donut or spare tire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Since the question has been answered, mind if I ask another question on the subject? Would the "goo" fix any problem that the plug kit would not?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure if balancing of the tire becomes an issue after the goo is injected. I do know there is a brand of tire goo stuff called ride on that does balance itself it will last quite a while. Even after the tire has sat for some time it typically will rebalance after driving. I here the sensor gets damaged after using the goo.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Once you use the 'goo' which goes in the air pump to inject into the tire, the air pump needs to be cleaned out or it will stop working in short order. A good alternative is to purchase an aftermarket tire repair set (I believe Slime makes on) and use that. Much cheaper tan the factory one. There are some tire "goo' that is safe for use with TPMS sensors. Have to check the label.

Also, if you go with the spare tire route, don't overlook the need for a jack and lug wrench.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts