Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find this exactly posted, more like suggested. So here's my look on it!
Well, I was in the mood for a bit of experimenting. That, and I was tired of Salt and muck getting on my new carpets. At walmart, I spotted these All weather "utility mats" on the bottom shelf near the regular mats. at $8 a piece, I was willing to try it out. If they didn't work, I could easily take them back.

As soon as I got into the parking lot, I threw one into the passenger floor. Perfect fit! The drivers side.. needed modifying. Got home, cut a couple inches off one end, stuffed it in the grove in the bar under the seat. Worked perfectly. Looks about like they were made for it. :D

I'll work on pictures if you want them... :private:

·
Registered
910 Posts
~ I'd like pics please, I still haven't found mats that fit my Smarty
I got some Lloyd's off of eBay, grey rubber with little indentations to hold the dirt and crud. Fit the passenger side perfectly, but on driver side it doesn't cover area next to gas pedal. Was about $70 with shipping. Walmart is a whole lot cheaper, even if you have to modify. :p

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
How's the off gassing

WHen I picked up some all weather Rubermade mats at Target for my Versa, it took 6 months for the smaell from the mats to go away. We used to leave the windows open when the car was in the garage. when we would go into the garage the smell would be over powering.

When We got the Smart we got the factory mats because we didnt want to go through that again, and it was worth it.

So, Do they Stink?

·
Registered
542 Posts
~ I had emailed some Smart Vendors about customizing some mats with pink trim but that ain't happening :( how sad for me

So now I am going to have to settle for plain mats, thanks for the heads up . . I have to stop by Wal-Mart tonight anyway

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, they don't stink at all. They're not rubbermaids.. at least I dont' recalll them being so. I'll run out and grab a few pics before it gets too dark out.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I bought the rubber all weather mats at Costco for $18, passenger side was also a perfect fit, and then fitted the drivers side with a little trim of the scissors...use the smaller back seat floor mats on the engine cover. Works great for me.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
~ I had emailed some Smart Vendors about customizing some mats with pink trim but that ain't happening :( how sad for me

So now I am going to have to settle for plain mats, thanks for the heads up . . I have to stop by Wal-Mart tonight anyway
Sounds like you need some hello Kitty Mats
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000WJ0RK2/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive"]
[/ame]

Or princess
:D

·
Registered
542 Posts
~ Ahaha! I would totally purchase Hello Kitty mats if they fit or if someone made a customized set for me . . . I will just need to wait patiently until some women start making Smart parts lol

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's Passenger...

And Here's driver..

Yeh, I know it's dirty. They do their job. For the price... I'm not complaining.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts

You know, if you got creative with a pink perm marker (on rubber mats, of course), you could have a unique look. :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a note: They don't seem to like this 5F weather. They're a little stiff... not bad tho. Typical of frozen rubbery things.
Now I need to get one for the back...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts