Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

My name is Adam and I'm from SW of Chicago. Picked up a Silver '15 Brabus a couple months ago and love it so far! So much fun to drive and always brings laughs(with or at) :)

Thanks for the add!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome to SCoA from another Brabus owner!! What sanctioning body did you autocross with? SCCA seems to have issues with smarts due to the length/height/width ratio.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey all.

My name is Adam and I'm from SW of Chicago. Picked up a Silver '15 Brabus a couple months ago and love it so far! So much fun to drive and always brings laughs(with or at) :)

Thanks for the add!
Welcome to the forums. I just bought a 2015 Black/Black Brabus last month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to SCoA from another Brabus owner!! What sanctioning body did you autocross with? SCCA seems to have issues with smarts due to the length/height/width ratio.
Thanks!
SCCA. I believe it is a regional board decision. No-one I know of has actually done an accurate measurement of CoG on a 451 stock or Brabus version. The LxWXH ratio is just a general guess of how stable a vehicle is and can be overruled. I don't have the scales otherwise I would do it.

Our safety steward kept a close eye on me running it and didn't feel it looked unsafe. I'm no slouch and actually got it to step out a bit at speed, but never felt nervous about stability or rolling.

I'm not sure how wider, sticky rubber will affect its tendencies, but I will let ya'll know how I fare after I get new tires.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,564 Posts
Thanks!
SCCA. I believe it is a regional board decision. No-one I know of has actually done an accurate measurement of CoG on a 451 stock or Brabus version. The LxWXH ratio is just a general guess of how stable a vehicle is and can be overruled. I don't have the scales otherwise I would do it.

Our safety steward kept a close eye on me running it and didn't feel it looked unsafe. I'm no slouch and actually got it to step out a bit at speed, but never felt nervous about stability or rolling.

I'm not sure how wider, sticky rubber will affect its tendencies, but I will let ya'll know how I fare after I get new tires.
I run rear Brabus wheels and tires on the front of my '09 Brabus coupe. It does improve the overall handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts