Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2016 passion without driving lights and would like to add them now, going to smart I'm told they no longer carry them or the mounting kits. I know there was a fixture that was for some Mercedes cars that also fit the '08-'15 smarts as well, does anyone know if the same holds true for the '16+ or has anyone found an after market set that fits?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I'm afraid the parts person might be being lazy. I can't imagine the parts being discontinued so soon. There may be no kit, but individual replacement parts should be available....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I bought a kit with mounting pieces out of China from eBay a year or so ago but haven’t gotten around to try the install. Supposedly it is factory but wired for aftermarket install with a switch to mount on lower left side of dash. My original plan was to use the power wire to the rear fog light to trip a relay and switch on the front fogs so I could use the fog light switch on the stalk. Don’t use, see the need need for or want the rear fog light anyway. Don’t know if this is still available.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I'm not sure this is complete!!!

The foglights:

A 415 820 02 56

I had to do a double take, they are the exact same both sides!

TS Bracket

A 453 826 06 00

The good news is that the "ornamental grille" is the same, whether or not you have (V07) fog lights.

Regarding the electrical harness for the foglights, there are two:

A 453 540 84 04
A 453 540 87 04

*** (Not so sure about this part. If you want to PM me your VIN it would be very helpful in sorting which one you have!!!) ***

If you do not have the collision warning system (FCW) meaning you HAVE V90 on your build, then most likely you have part ending 84 04, and this is the wrong harness. You'd need the one ending 87 04.

There is a code U37, as opposed to V07, it has cornering light function as well as foglight. (My mother's '09 C350 has this and it is quite neat, turns on the fog light on the respective side depending on if you turn the wheels right or left). Might be something a dealer may be able to activate. I'm assuming they need to activate V07 already, might as well try...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts