Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
Now I understand your post, Mud Pie! I thought you were stating your opinion on fog lights while, instead, you were summarizing the thread.

I don't remember this thread from the first (three) time(s) through. Why I missed it, i don't know.

One thing that has changed since the earlier days: with different software, the fog lights will no longer be on when high beams are used. I had my fog circuit activated (without the fogs themselves) for other reasons and found out about this little tidbit.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
This must be a recent change. I had my fog lamps activated in May, and they stay lit when the high beams are switched on.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
It may be the method. There were troubles getting mine activated "simply" so for the more elaborate enable I was cautioned that I'd lose the 6-lamp "feature."

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That makes sense.

By the way, thank you again for the spare plastic panel clip. I really appreciate it, and please let me know if I can ever be of help. :)

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
Karma was rewarded with a call from my Smart Center - he had a couple clips from a panel they replaced. I should put those in!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gosh, I was thinking about buying the lights that are mounted lower (I'm afraid to call them fog or driving lights), but after this thread, I don't know if I want all that controversy in my life....YIKES! Worse part is, I read EVERY post for nine pages! I gotta get a life!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, it is. Been doing experimentation with the Water into H H and O. Thus my name on the forums. If I get a good system down and working real good, I am going to hook one up on the smart car to push it past the 65 or 70 mpg. Thus a plate that says 80mpg like the one girl has, won't be a fib, but actually telling what it is. Then, if it works great, I might actually sell you all the plans so you can thus have a HYBRID Smart that gets better MPG then that stupid looking Prius.

:D
Did you get your creation to work??

81 - 89 of 89 Posts