Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
It would be interesting to find out if people getting recent 2.0 upgrades typically lose this "functionality" or not. I got my 2.0 early on but when I later got my fog functionality activated, it was only then that the extra steps needed to get my stuff working would disable the highs + fogs.
FWIW, when I had my car reflashed to enable the fog lamps, they checked all the other firmware/software specs and found everything to be up-to-date, including the v2.0 whatzis - this was just this past April.

I can still light up my fog lamps with the high-beams on (not that I would; I know what they're for and what they're *not* for).

Just a data point.

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
Ummm... It's only "illegal" in some places. The State of Michigan, f'rinstance, allows up to eight forward-firing white lamps on a vehicle.
Absolutely, my mistake for the "universal" comment. Lighting issues are regulated state-by-state for the most part.

As another for-instance, it's illegal in many states to drive with just the parking lights:

We like to add the fogs to the parking lights at dusk; it's not quite dark enough for full headlights, but it's dark enough that it's nice to add some small white lights to the front.
I liked the fogs-at-dusk too. I just won't run parking-lights-only anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently added OEM lights and bought the correct emergency button control bank. Went to MB dealer to get the flash update done. They spent 3 hours on it, but couldn't get the fogs to stay on. Any thoughts?? Fuses are good. Thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts