Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I review new posts daily in 6 different smart car forums (fora?), and in one of them, I remember not which, I recall a question about whether there might be available a picnic table and chairs amenable to being nicely carried in the fortwo "luggage area."

I just stumbled across one, which I will share with my fellows on my favorite smart forum, SCOA. If you might be in the market, with Spring just begun here in North America, take a look here. https://www.onekingslane.com/product/33809/581600

If you want to really live it up right for your smart picnic, you might also consider a Cheshire Basket and Blanket for two, available here:
https://www.onekingslane.com/product/33809/380838

You are on your own for the cheese and wine.

When my dear wife and I pull our Harrods picnic basket, acquired in London years ago, from the rear of Munchkin, heads do turn.

[OP has no connection with vendor.]

Jim

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I like the table and might consider it for the future. It would work great with the camper we tow with our smart.

The picnic basket is nice looking but pricey! I'll stick with our current set up of a choice of various sized coolers and a tote bag or the picnic basket that was a wedding present 38 1/2 yrs ago. (I'm really as old as that makes me sound, got married before I finished college.)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NCC1701 is quite correct -- good point. I would only say that this is common for burgeoning flash sales sites, for obvious reasons. One should always use due diligence before using certain sites. I did in this case, and then I did use it -- a personal decision which another might not agree with. I did not mean to encourage the purchase of any particular item from any particular site. I only intended to note the availability of a product I had once seen asked about. This product appears to be available elsewhere on the 'Net.

For the Hobbses: sorry we don't see you in Texas any more. BTW, this being a flash sales site you may not be safe waiting should you be tempted. Being sold out in less than 24 hours is often the case with these sites. And yes, this is not the site on which one should look for inexpensive items. It has a well-earned reputation for being a high-end vendor.

Jim

·
Registered
465 Posts
My wife has a Honda CRV. I've always been impressed with the built in table under the rear deck. I don't picnic much but do camp quite a bit. I picked up 2 of these for a total of $20 from junkyards for camping. On edge it would fit fine in the Smart. It folds flat like a mini card table. About an inch thick and quite sturdy.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
2 quad chairs and a table with a roll up top is what we use. The table takes up the same space as the chairs, cooler ect fits on top of the furniture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts