Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ShelfPack and love it :)

It was a "kick starter" project (got mine for $275) and this "closet" is like it was made to fit in the back of the smart.

We used it on our trip to California and it was the most handy piece of luggage we have ever owned !!!

Just one man's opinion :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Oh boy I'll bet the airport baggage handlers will love it. Any guesses as to how many trips it will survive? - One - two? Luggage and airlines together equal NO RESPECT - they won't discriminate. Abuse is just a normal day on the belt. :rolleyes:
Cars would be ok or any trip where you have control as to how it's handled.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
It's very clever. At $350, however, I would look for lesser solutions.

For almost a decade when I vagabonded through Latin America, everything I owned fit easily into a lightweight 19" carry-on bag. Being a slave to a piece of bulky luggage, with wheels, is not my travel style. That's why I like the smart!

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
bigger on the inside?

I think that is really cool. I agree that the price seems on the high side.
It seems like something Dr. Who would use when travelling or like a Mary Poppins type bag (the Disney movie).
:nerd:

·
Registered
665 Posts
"Be together" - a family laying in bed staring at it is a funny way of spending an evening or any time together. Too funny.:rofl:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Interesting. . . each shelf, when the bag is closed, basically compresses or at least holds in place the items packed below. I use the Eagle Creek system (Pack-It? Garment Folder Large - Garment Folders | Eagle Creek) where I fold shirts into the "envelope" and then other clothes in other envelopes and stack them in the bag. Keeps them from wrinkling and also keeps the clothes organized if you pack it that way. (Dress shirts in one packet and casual shirts in another, etc.)

If this ShelfPack catches on, hotels could eliminate the dressers and reduce the nightly rate and that would help us pay for the bag. I never understood the dresser anyways, I live out of the closet and my suitcase, which also means fewer places to check for my stuff when I'm ready to check out.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts

It looks like it could be sold for $25. They made at least the amount they are searching for to start the company.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts