Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since smart has not seen fit to put a 4 seater in play, we bought a 2005 Mini Cooper convertible. Still searching for a name for him...

Jill

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Since smart has not seen fit to put a 4 seater in play, we bought a 2005 Mini Cooper convertible. Still searching for a name for him...

Jill

I have a lot of friends, at work who owned the first generation new Mini's. Very $$$$ to maintain. They loved there cars. They end up selling them, because of the cost. Be sure you get a extended warranty on it.

Enjoy your new car.:)

·
Registered
137 Posts

Jill
Since you wanted a Smart but couldn't get one because the Smart doesn't have enough seating room for your needs and you are searching for a name for it, why not name it "Not Smart"? :laugh:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a lot of friends, at work who owned the first generation new Mini's. Very $$$$ to maintain. They loved there cars. They end up selling them, because of the cost. Be sure you get a extended warranty on it.

Enjoy your new car.:)
My Brother & Sister each bought 1st generation Minis' and sold them for the very same reason. Fun to drive, expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Brother & Sister each bought 1st generation Minis' and sold them for the very same reason. Fun to drive, expensive to maintain.
Let's see, what other cars do we have that people have said the same about? Oh yeah, two smart cars!
:eek:

The Jeep Wrangler may be the cheapest to maintain, but who can afford to drive it?

Jill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
How about just plain COOPER?

BTW where do you go for service since there is no dealer in Sarasota?

·
Registered
137 Posts
With all due respect, how can you say you are being "Forced to Buy a Mini"?
There is a plethora of 4 seaters' to choose from. Why does it have to be a Mini?

·
17,350 Posts
If you're looking for the smallest vehicle that will fit four people, a MINI is the car for the job.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neon hit it on the head. We looked at bunch, including new, and most of them have no style... boring!

Plus the mini has a ton of goodies for customizing. Dan spent the weekend putting new lights (black), Plastic dipping chrome bits, painting the calipers, etc., so he had fun.

Not to mention the built-in support group. Mini clubs everywhere!

We have a local independent that can do most service. For the tricky bits, there are a couple of Mini dealers within an hour either direction.

Jill

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, and his name is "Ivan". See the works of Lois McMaster Bujold, especially the later Vorkosiverse.

Jill

·
Registered
137 Posts
Neon hit it on the head. We looked at bunch, including new, and most of them have no style... boring!

Plus the mini has a ton of goodies for customizing. Dan spent the weekend putting new lights (black), Plastic dipping chrome bits, painting the calipers, etc., so he had fun.

Not to mention the built-in support group. Mini clubs everywhere!

We have a local independent that can do most service. For the tricky bits, there are a couple of Mini dealers within an hour either direction.

Jill
Jill,

Style is not a consideration for me when purchasing a vehicle so that never occurred to me.

DR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts