Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today for the first time I noticed the "forced video ads" that appear in every thread I have looked at. Is this truly necessay? For me personally, it is one of the most annoying types of ads appearing at most websites these days. I understand the need for ads but am totally capable of clicking upon any ad that may interest me, no need to shove them down my throat.

Kaz

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,049 Posts
Yes Kaz I had the same experience this morning with SCOA. I'm setting up a new computer I just bought with windows 10 and it first brought up the SCOA in Microsoft "edge" and I thought it was because of that. But you solved the mystery for me, I hadn't yet logged in and saved my password. My old XP machine with firefox was slow, but it loaded the SCOA site much faster than my new one.The new one is a wider screen that also loads the google search and ads down the right hand side of the screen and it takes a lot longer for that to happen. My old one didn't show google or ads until I clicked on an arrow on the right had side of the screen, so much for progress !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts