Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
did not know how to put smart on their computer. etc.
Well maybe a Ford computer wasn't designed to service a Smart. Your movie not working, says Please sign in to view. And why of all places would you take a Smart to a Ford dealer for service when at least a Jiffy Lube or KMart has probably actually worked on a Smart before.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
The video loads when I'm on the forum with my cellphone. I'll take the op's word for it, but I'm not planning to watch all 23 minutes of it.

If the dealer couldn't handle the car, they should have rejected the work, and or explored how to do the job and returned the car without a fee if they couldn't figure it out. No excuse for that behavior and lack of ethical service.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am really happy that my local mechanic here looked at the past tail light issue with my Smart, but once he found out he couldn't resolve the problem, he refused any tips or fees for his effort and he had spent over an hour into working on the car at the time. That was a class act in my opinion and I'll use him again for our other car when needed. I don't think that is the norm in many places these days though.

I don't see any video posted, but just the letter b. Without the video or some explanation, I have no clue as to what the problem was to begin with. I would think that some of the specialized equipment to work on a Smart Car would not likely be at another make's dealership though. That may have been the real issue to begin with.

When my car was at my local guy's garage, I spent most of the time there in answering questions about it with employees and customers, as they had never seen a Smart Car for the most part. It was a new experience for them, for sure. My issue was a simple tail light problem so that is why they took it on and thought they could probably do the work okay. However, it ended up being more than just a bulb swap or loose wire problem and they could not handle the fix and it totally stumped them as to why I had the issue on the car. The MB Smart Dealership in Ok City was a costly experience and a couple of hour drive, but at least I was back on the road with working tail lights at the time.

Good luck in a fix.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
"b" . . . as in "bye-bye", See ya!
That was strange. I didn't see the o.p. before he deleted it, but I didn't see anything in the responses that that seemed too insulting.

I just saw that other thread where the mod sent a warning across the bow. Must have hit too close!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well, for those that didn't catch OP's original post, he took his Smart to a Ford dealer for an oil change service and some kind of inspection and then complained how they couldn't even open the hood and couldn't connect their diagnostic tools.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, I didn't catch the op's original post and I guess the "b" just sailed right over my head as to what it meant. I'm not much for watching videos of 23 minutes anyway. Just wondering who shoots a lengthy video at a car dealership anyway unless they have a real bad itch to grip about something? Leaving the web site here in a huff over nothing and erasing everything prior reminds me of one of those Paul Harvey suspense opening moments of, "... and now for the rest of the story." :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
My MB rep didn't even know hot to lock or unlock the service hood. How can you expect a ford technician to be able to figure out a smart car... I'm not bringing my mac to the microsoft store to get something fixed... seems unreasonable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts