Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the forfours will be available in USA? I have 3 daughters and would much rather get a forfour for myself or my eldest daughter. Has anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a shame that Smart is going to miss out on the market of folks that live out in the country and have to drive FOREVER to get to civilization. Gas prices hit us family folk as well. /me sighs....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Comparitively speaking dollar wise the Mercedes B Class was only several thousand more than the forfour and as such more were willing to pay the extra. The cancellation of the forfour, roadster and the proposed crosstown also allowed smart to concentrate their efforts on the fortwo and the long-term sustainability of the brand.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Comparitively speaking dollar wise the Mercedes B Class was only several thousand more than the forfour and as such more were willing to pay the extra. The cancellation of the forfour, roadster and the proposed crosstown also allowed smart to concentrate their efforts on the fortwo and the long-term sustainability of the brand.
Another screwing for the US. I've wondered for a long time why the A class, and for that matter the B class isn't imported to the US. There is certainly a market for them. As all of the small car revolution unfolds we may eventually see these kinds of vehicles, but as we all have witnessed, by the time they can satisfy our government it'll be 3 or 4 years if they were to start now. It looks like 2010 is going to mark a dramatic change in the offerings anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I work for an energy company, the name of which will not be posted here. Regardless of how "tin-foil hat" people think that this statement is, I believe that the US will not allow cars that are ecologically friendly into the country because there is too much money to be lost by the Car and energy companies. Why do you think that the USA REFUSES to join the Kyoto Protocol? Because there is more money in high pollution/low gas mileage vehicles, "no money" in hybrids or fuel efficient vehicles (The more a car drinks, then the more you have to spend filling it....thereby further lining their pockets). I don't think that the US wants to let in cars that will further damage our failing car industry...and even on that note, take MILLIONS (if not billions) out of the pockets of those ruling class folks that are directly involved in US Car/Oil markets. Just my 2 centavos.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I agree. I have been doing some research on that very thing and the more I dig, the more I don't like what I find. Even way back to the GM EV1.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
What a shame that Smart is going to miss out on the market of folks that live out in the country and have to drive FOREVER to get to civilization. Gas prices hit us family folk as well. /me sighs....
Its probably not what you're willing to pay, but why not be the first on your town to own a MINI Cooper Clubman! I haven't seen the epa figures on it, but still should be 35+ mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I read in multiple places that the i and the forfour were worked on together. Hopefully if the smart sells well, we could look for the i to come this way in a few years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Personally I'd prefer the ForFour as well, but the only place you'll find it now is used on the net...and I can assure you it will be far more than you, or I for that matter, will want to pay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts