Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice article. Another good review! As we get closer to retail launch I expect we will see more and more of these. Notice the author mentioned a writer from Car & Driver. I'll be watching for that review!
Thanks for sharing, sp!

·
Super Moderator
28,284 Posts
I suspect getting a smart is going to be comparable to buying an early VW beetle or one of the first Minis, in that the conventional wisdom will be these aren't the right cars for the USA, or for the times, or for some other reason. A few early adopters will buy them and the more there are on the roads the more interest will be raised. Let's only hope smart usa comes up with an ad campaign as successful as the early VW ads. I'm guessing $100 a barrel oil won't hurt either. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I appreciate this statement:
"the fortwo has decent acceleration and keeps pace with the average sedan. On the highway, up to about 75 mph, the fortwo performs nicely as well. I felt very confident driving in the fast lane and even passing slower traffic. "
We are hoping that this can replace using the family van when needing to get one person (work) out to a sales call miles and miles away.
Although we know this was not meant for California Hwy driving I can still hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts