Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to drop a note to this forum to express my thanks and appreciation for this forum. I don't exactly understand why I check in here so often to read articles and catch up on what's happening in this funny kind of kick-off of smart cars in the US. But, I do. It's also kind of nice to see notes from the many "regulars" who are rather prolific with their postings and pictures- you are all well appreciated by me. It's been a real drag waiting the nearly 8 months since the reservation program kicked off, but it sure would have been even more frustrating without this forum. It may not be the coolest thing to say, but, I love you all and thanks for sharing all of your thoughs at this home.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
This forum is keeing my sanity during this whole process also. When you prepare for a destination (Smart delivery) you need to enjoy and appreciate the journey. This forum is definitely the best part of the journey.

·
Registered
465 Posts
It is fun reading all of this, feeling the enthusiasm, and the anticipation. I mention the Smart car around work and get a lot of interest..the word is getting out for sure.

I feel, like all of you should by now, kind of in the know or ahead of the curve - seeing what gas prices were going to do and reserving what will be the most popular car around when it gets here - both for it's newness and for the fact that by delivery time gas could easily be $4/gallon. Be prepared to be surrounded every time you stop, and hearing, "How much will you sell your car for?", and, "How many miles per gallong do you get?"...and my favorite with the MINI, "Is it electric?"

It's a fun community we have here, it's just a shame that we're scattered across the country, and can't get together and storm through town in packs like my MINI friends have done here for years.

It's gonna be fun. :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's a fun community we have here, it's just a shame that we're scattered across the country, and can't get together and storm through town in packs like my MINI friends have done here for years.

It's gonna be fun. :D
I agree. Great forum, even better members, and what a topic! But this place sure puts a cramp in my work output :) In any event, we are going to have a meetup when we get our Smarties--Shack01 and I have already talked about a Western states rally :)

Perhaps we need a Mr. Cash survey on who would like to meet and where when we finally take delivery of our new cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Unfortunately hearing so much about the Smart does make me more anxious to get one asap.........which will not happen.......... but I guess it'll make that much more sweet when the time comes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Forum Appreciation!

Great forum and really nice folks hereabouts! :) It's going to get even sooo much better once we start getting our smarties!

I would like eventually see different subjects set up for different regions of the country -- northeast, mid-Atlantic, southeast, Great Lakes, midwest, Great Plains, central states, northwest, southwest, etc. That way a forum reader could go straight to his or her region to catch up on the latest news, events and happenings locally.

Whatcha all think?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would like eventually see different subjects set up for different regions of the country -- northeast, mid-Atlantic, southeast, Great Lakes, midwest, Great Plains, central states, northwest, southwest, etc. That way a forum reader could go straight to his or her region to catch up on the latest news, events and happenings locally.

Whatcha all think?
Yep, Sisyphus, that's my thinking, too! We need regional focus areas so we can plan rallys, camping, wine tasting, you know, whatever would be even more fun with a Smart!

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Indeed, once the cars start rolling in, I'm sure there will be regional and national activities!

(and Kudos for the forum, and on its membership as well!)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Lmao

It'll get real exciting when the warranty repairs start getting discussed.
Jezzzzzz, Ihoboy, what a sense of humor YOU have!!! Let's all hope the Getrag is alot better than we all think it is going to be. I mention transmissions because just yesterday, my wife's '03 Acura TL trans (70K miles) without warning just decided to die on her right in the middle of Downtown Albany. Luckily, the car is covered with Acura's 7yr, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.....PHEW! That was a near miss but we're getting a new trans put in so that's good. And my '96 Taurus with 165k miles is to be replaced by my SmartCar and God willing, will last until I get it. It's AX4N trans, with equally dubious transmission reliability (so far so good, though) once in awhile likes to forget about shifting from 1st to 2nd for about 5 seconds.....I feel like it's gonna be a close one to the finish line here......:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ditto

Thanks to everyone for making such a positive and friendly forum. Maybe it's related to the underlying subject, smarties!!! Hearing all the information members bring to the forum, both personal and national news, reinforces my own commitment to making smartie work in America. smarts are not just a fad. They are so upbeat, how could anyone not like them and their owners. smaritians UNITE:D

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Contact your dealer to be

Unfortunately hearing so much about the Smart does make me more anxious to get one asap.........which will not happen.......... but I guess it'll make that much more sweet when the time comes.
Lewis,
If I were you I'd contact your local dealer -to- be and get your name on a cancelation list with him. The dealers and PAG are planning on an 8% dropout rate and they are going to want to fill those slots taco pronto. I was thinking of starting such a list with my local dealer for people who I have talked to who haven't reserved at all. This kind of program could offer immediate buyers to replace the dropouts and give the dealer alittle more peace of mind knowing he had a *plan B* to go to in that event.

·
Registered
264 Posts
As a 1189 I'm hoping that will not be necessay Johnny San. I was told that what they are supposed to do regarding cancellations is just go to the next person on their list and offer them the car until they find someone who is not that fixed on their own actual configuation and is willing to buy the car in stock. I think PAG will make every effort to enforce that, albiet it will be difficult, because this is one area where there is great potential for extra charges that would injure the launch. I know in my case I'd be willing to compromise on the configuration to get the car sooner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts