Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
They kept the brake pedal and the review mirror....and the chicken heads...anyone find anything else?

Maybe the seats will recline...they look like they could just rotate into recliner mode.

...and I think they made it more masculine...

Can they do those solar cells on the Cabrio? Very different looking on basically the same chassis/tridion.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually like it. And I am someone who is very resistant to change. I realize it is s concept car, but the interior looks like a bathroom. I expected to see a toilet instead of a car seat. LOL

No, really, except for the crinkly exterior, I like it a lot. Especially the front end (although I will miss the smartie smile).

donsgal

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I'm thinking that wouldn't be a great colored interior to try and keep clean!
I'm thinking almost any floor would be easier to clean than the "carpet" in my smart. Or is that the hook side of velcro installed accidentally in mine?

Those doors remind me of the radar reducing surfaces on a Stealth fighter. hmmmm. Stealth smart.

--- Oh, I see the same thought occurred to rfernatt, heh

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I have the same velcro carpeting in black. I almost wish it was gravel and grass colored. The only thing that doesn't stick to it is the loop side of VELCRO!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Talked to my dealer today about the rumored 2015's he said as far as hes heard Mercedes is talking about a .9L turbocharged Nissan engine and a DSG transmission O_O nothing set in stone yet though he says, can only hope :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yuck! Looks like someone crumpled body panels and tried to straighten them out and used them anyway! It looks more like the next generation Star Trek space pod. It looks more like someone spilled paint on the roof.
Does that thing have tail lights or rocket exhaust? Those seats don't even look comfortable to my poor aching back.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Talked to my dealer today about the rumored 2015's he said as far as hes heard Mercedes is talking about a .9L turbocharged Nissan engine and a DSG transmission O_O nothing set in stone yet though he says, can only hope :D
I hope he's right about nothing set in stone. Kinda had my heart set on a 7-speed DSG .

Had not imagined the next fortwo powerboating with Nissan's CVT

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yea, with the original 450s having a Mercedes turbocharged engine I would be a little disappointed that they're not going back to using their own turbo engine, but just the DSG transmission would be enough for me. Also got to try out a 2013 while my 08 was in for service, it definitely doesn't have the bob when it shifts that the older ones do, according to the sales rep the new ones have different programming, and more, as he said it support for the front and rear suspension and the engine. But man just think of it, if they put a DSG transmission in our cars now, not even turbo'd just the shifting time would make the 0-60 from 14ish to probably around 6-7 seconds :eek:

·
Super Moderator
28,834 Posts
Whatever the changes are for the 453 the car will be very different overall from the current 451. As long as the curb weight and horsepower/torque are roughly the same as the 451, changing the transmission will not produce sub 8 second 0 to 60 times (IMHO, of course.) :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I hate this forvision forum appearing at the top of the web page for smart electric drive subforum, I always have to scroll past this old useless subforum.

Blah blah.

Bump.

Wont a mod hear my cries?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts