Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
By my calculations, the Calif rebate and my company rebate paid my pre-paid lease, and I am left with an $86/mo payment and $41 per month for insurance.

I'm saving $300 per month in gas and my electric bill has actually gone down $25 per month (by going on SDG&E's TOU plan).

So my Smart is better than free; I'm about $200 per month ahead of where I would be without it. And it is a lot more fun to drive than my Sequoia as well. Now if I could only figure out how to tow my boat with it, I would save even more.

The Sequoia has a digital MPG readout; when I am towing the boat uphill, it says I get 4mpg. Makes me appreciate the ED...

·
Registered
791 Posts
My Tesla is being delivered on 1/28/14 (Tesla Tuesday). I hope to be the first guy on my block to have both a smart and Tesla in the same garage. Won't get quite the advantages shown above, but enough to make this a really fun adventure. Plus I know that I can blow the doors off a Z-06 or 911 from zero to 60. Since I'm retired, I've already put in a 220v/50 amp charging station in my garage dedicated to my new Model S. And with Tesla super charging stations from Mexico to Canada, my traveling plans are complete. Life is good...

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
You should be good to go cross country now: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f7/tesla-has-cross-country-supercharger-network-place-64121/

Not so sure on your Z06 aspirations; Tesla shows their Model S 0-60 time as 4.2 seconds. The C6 Z06 is a 3.7 sec car, the C7 will be under that. :wink:

Model S will smoke pretty much every car off the line always, those 3 second 0-60 cars accelerations really aren't faster. Jaguar F-Type got smoked by a Model S and its 0-60 is 4 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
28,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only way to tell for sure is side by side on the strip but the numbers don't lie - of course, the driver has to be on top of things... :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading so many opinions regarding every ones 0 - 60 times, it may come down to who has the best Traction Control. Tesla may have it. Watching videos of Tesla's on road courses, tire smoke appears to be the same as S550, Corvette and Camaro. Wonder when Jay Leno did burn out in the Tesla, if someone had pulled the fuse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts