Smart Car of America Forum banner

Fresh meat!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rambo4 
#1 · (Edited)
Just bought a nice, black 451 Cabrio, just under 70,000 miles, to commute to work and work sites. I liked this car a lot when I rented them all the time from Car2Go in Berlin, Germany (before they merged with DriveNow and became ShareNow) so I am used to its quirky nature. I bought it because of that, the high MPG and the fact I can fill it up with only 8 gallons of fuel or so. The prev owner only had it a few months and they are having a baby so they needed to upgrade, but not before installing new tints and a nice Sony android radio, which means I finally get some use out of my SiriusXM car kit.

I am a Marine veteran (disabled), 1978-1984, helo avionics and electrical, but these days I work as an IT engineer, doing defense-related work. My other cars are a 2008 Land Rover LR2 and an International CE300 school bus that I am converting into a schoolie motorhome, very slowly but surely. I also own a BMW K1100LT touring bike that I imported from Germany, weird VIN and all.

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side-view mirror

Plant Automotive design Blue Motor vehicle Mode of transport

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.