Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,634 Posts
There will always be people with more money who look down on people with less. They may believe we are "inferior" but the joke is really on them!
This isn't so much about "people" as much as it is the M-B BRAND looking down on a group of people who have spent their hard earned money at their Franchise and deserve some respect. Note, not all smart Centers are created equal and some do in fact embrace the smart brand and their owners.

Shame on them for believing in their own pitiful world that any smart owner may be one of those "people with less." Personally, I like the smart but choose to NOT own a M-B.

While there are verifiable crazy smart owners, none are inferior . . .

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
BUT, they have ignored it now for 6 long years? Don't think that they really need a new 453 to "fix" the ugly stepchild perception?

My skepticism toward this weakness would suggest that there is still a lot of work to be done . . . :yawn:
I don't believe that they have ignored us...they have heard us....they just haven't bothered addressing our problems. That is why we feel ignored.
Whether or not they like having us...we have them by the short curly hairs...as they need us to balance out their gas guzzlers. There may come a day they don't need us but I really feel if they give us the car they are giving Europe we and they will have a winner. Giving us the cold shoulder on the 453 could cause them to sell too few to balance their café figures... and that would be their headache as well as ours.
Like I said "I HOPE they address our problems and offer us the same car that they offer the Europeans.
Sometimes I think that "hope" is a 4 letter word. :D

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,634 Posts
I don't believe that they have ignored us...they have heard us....they just haven't bothered addressing our problems. That is why we feel ignored.
By both your comments above AND definition - M-B smartUSA HAVE ignored us and continue to ignore us after 6 years. They really don't care what U.S. smart owners need or want.

This silly little car (especially ED) is only about what M-B needs to offset their AMG gas guzzlers.

When did we last hear anything positive out of the smartUSA executive staff (Where's Webster?) in Montvale?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
By both your comments above AND definition - M-B smartUSA HAVE ignored us and continue to ignore us after 6 years. They really don't care what U.S. smart owners need or want.

This silly little car (especially ED) is only about what M-B needs to offset their AMG gas guzzlers.

When did we last hear anything positive out of the smartUSA executive staff (Where's Webster?) in Montvale?
+1. I thought maybe we had a chance when Eric Angeloro became the voice for owners, but alas, even he has fallen among the silent majority at MBUSA. Maybe he still posts once in a while over at SUSAI, but that place became such a tomb, I quit going there months ago. Nothing for me there...:(

I truely hope that the 453 lights a fire under smart USA. It has the potential to make smart the brand it always should have been here...

·
Super Moderator
28,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Speaking of the elusive Mr. Webster, here's what he told Edmunds last year:

The redesigned ForTwo “is about 3, 4 inches wider and maybe 1 or 2 inches longer” than the 2013 model, Webster said.
Not quite up to speed with the actual plans from the mothership, it appears...:shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Your skepticism has merit but as Mercedes addressed so many of the complaints of the 451 I would hope that they will address the complaint of the USA customers of being 3rd class participants. It has been a loud complaint that they could not ignore...I hope they address it.
Isn't Hope a town in Arkansas?? :D
While I grew up in Arkansas, and yes there is a town named Hope, there is no Mercedes Benz dealer in Arkansas, let alone Hope, and there is very little hope for Mercedes Benz in Arkansas, let alone hope for smart. >:D
In a nutshell there's Hope but no hope.

I think MB DNA has it right. After six years, the leopard is not going to change its' spots, unless it is dictated by Daimler AG. I hope smartUSA takes dictation.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
........Sometimes I think that "hope" is a 4 letter word. :D
In Arkansas it has four letters but is pronounced with three syllables. In Alabama is has four. My aunt in Alabama was an expert. She could drive a New Yorker insane with one sentence in five minutes.
She loved her cats, especially Miss Opal.
Sorry, there is no hope for this thread.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts