Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmmm... maybe Mary and I could set up shop in the parking lot .... need an extra long extension cord!!!

Just kidding - no work for me that weekend, just fun, games and food!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey, a few of us have decided to stay across the street at the Days Inn instead. It runs about $42 a night plus tax instead of $79 plus taxes (@14.03%, ouch!!). Total for 3 nights for us came to only $145 and change and you can literally throw a rock and hit the Crowne Plaza, just in case anyone wants to save some cash.:woohoo

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
Any idea how many are meeting up in Des Moines?? Just curious.

Sharkdog1986, I changed my room after reading you and others post room prices. I figure the savings will easily pay for gas. and some refreshments....

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How many of you are coming down from MN?

Amy and I will be coming from WI, We haven't heard from anyone else in I joining us.

Are there more than 2 from IA?

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
I heard a number of 8 with a possible additional 8 but I couldn't confirm or dis-prove that. It would be fun to pick up the one in Rochester when I pass through, I think I talked with him last summer. Sorry, I don't recall his name. Sometimes I forget my name too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Two from here for sure, may be some more that lurk around here. There is one in Ia. City (GotMPG), one in Waterloo, and one just south of Des Moines. I had a count of 8 for sure and maybe 8 more that were on the nationals map.
I know that 59Mike can't leave until later do to work.
Buzzz42

·
Registered
246 Posts
I heard a number of 8 with a possible additional 8 but I couldn't confirm or dis-prove that. It would be fun to pick up the one in Rochester when I pass through, I think I talked with him last summer. Sorry, I don't recall his name. Sometimes I forget my name too.
Jim, there is the 450 in Albertlea(sp) that's friends with the Winnipeg group that is going but have no way to contact them. There are smarts on the Insider that
can post to the nationals map but may not be watching here. Hopefully they will just show up.
Buzzz42

·
Registered
4,221 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
Might catch up to you on 35, I'll be heading out about the same time. Maybe give you a jingle when I hit 35 somewhere around Albert Lea (??)

Wait, didn't we do this about a year ago??? As I recall, I was the one with the car just out of the shop (so to say) this year it was your turn...

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If anyone is Joining us from WI
Amyrob and My wife and I will be at the rest stop on the WI Side of the Border over looking the Mississippi on 151 at 8 am.
Madison, WI to Unknown road - Google Maps

This is the point where 11 meets up with 151 just in case anyone else is from the far southern reaches of the state.

I know its early, but we need to meet up to the rest of the gang in Des Moines in time.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts