Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
This is great news as I don't think they would push out a press release saying the the cars will be available in January unless they truly are making good progress with the production, testing, and everything else.

·
Registered
564 Posts
...With that instrument you will be able to agree on the final binding delivery price (all included), and also make a binding provision that you will not accept (at least at your expense) any additional dealer options or add-ons....
If this is indeed how the process will work, it will be a truly wonderful thing. :D

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Realize that the dealers will not be compelled to acquiesce to you; they will just go to the next number on their list.
I'm not an attorney but have taken a number of law courses and negotiated hundreds of contracts. I believe the reservation does represent a form of legal agreement as Smart has accepted consideration (?99) and offered in return the opportunity to place an order based on their terms (and pricing). Let's hear a more educated (and qualified) opinion from one of you real lawyers out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts