Smart Car of America Forum banner

Front Bull Bar by Romik

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dburke8088 
#1 ·
Has anybody installed the Front Bull Bar by Romik from Madness Autoworks? I'm stumped on how this is installed. I've called and emailed and all I get is "It's easy" no instructions needed or included. So I've added a picture of whats in the box. It would be helpful if somebody has a picture of the brackets installed so I have an idea on how to do this.
:shrug:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
had help from the oil change shop

I had to take the car over to where I could lift the entire vehicle to match up the best place to install the bull $hi1 bar as I'm now calling it. Not very impressed. The mount location is extruded aluminum with a pushed in thread. (That's the factory design and not designed for hanging other items off of) After finding the "Easy to locate" install point, I had to CUT (Note: no drilling involved) the air dam for the supplied bracket. And I had to source longer M6 1.0 bolts as there isn't longer bolts in the kit. Next is simply attaching the bar to the extruding brackets. But be warned as these are simple inserts and NOT welded into the bar. You'll notice the difference when one is not correctly aligned and spins so you have one bolt half inserted and can't back out. I'm not very impressed as the bar wobbles and I'm concerned about long term effect on the factory aluminum behind the plastic at the mounting point to the car.
I'll revisit this disaster at a later date to see about a better mounting. For now it's for show, just don't expect to touch it as it wobbles a lot. I have contacted the dealer, no supplied instructions. They kept saying "it's Easy" and instructions are not needed. So I'm posting this so you can see that is called easy.

Attachments

#4 ·
Well, I can put this project to bed. Added the much loved Amber/orange fog lights. Sort of naughty as they work independent of the head lamps. But I've been in white out situations before in a smaller vehicles. And white light and snow are a bad mix. You go straight deep orange and you can see the road.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.