Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install front camera to plug into my Kenwood ddx9705s Head unit for parking purposes(I park in some close tolerance parking spots often). I'm having trouble locating a good mounting point to install the front facing camera.

1) Any suggestions/experiences as to the mounting a cam in the front ONLY(I dont want to debate if one is necessary at all, I already decided that I want one and best buy has agreed to do any entertainment install for free).

a) mounting inside the logo or in the grille had little material to glue or screw the camera to reliably.​

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
After market parking sensors, would be a better tight parking solution. Then a camera, mounted, in the front smart logo. Vendors offer license plate ones, and bumper insert ones. Their pretty reasonably priced. You can apply them to the front, and rear of your vehicle.

If you have a front license plate. Vendors offer brackets to mount cameras to the license plate frame.Their meant for the rear of the vehicle. You could adapted to the front plate.

Google aftermarket parking sensors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldent they get hit and bumped a lot on the bumper/plates and die?

After market parking sensors, would be a better tight parking solution. Then a camera, mounted, in the front smart logo. Vendors offer license plate ones, and bumper insert ones. Their pretty reasonably priced. You can apply them to the front, and rear of your vehicle.

If you have a front license plate. Vendors offer brackets to mount cameras to the license plate frame.Their meant for the rear of the vehicle. You could adapted to the front plate.

Google aftermarket parking sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts