Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys! I have a 2008 Smart fortwo Passion! I have 21,000 miles on it! Don't really drive it much, only on weekends! Here's the problem. When I go over bumps, even on the parkway, the front end bangs down really hard, I can feel it in my spine! To put it lightly, the front end really sucks! Should I replace struts, springs etc! Don't really want to do process of elimination, that could cost me money for nothing! Anybody have this problem and can suggest what I can do? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
It sounds like somethings broken. The first step is to get it up off the ground and have a look around. It could be a broken ball joint, very bad bearing, broken spring, thrust bearing at the top of the strut, or a totally hammered strut. If it’s jarring your teeth lose, my guess is that it will be relatively easy to see. Be careful driving something like this because if it’s a bad spring or wheel bearing you might find one of your your wheels leaving you behind!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like somethings broken. The first step is to get it up off the ground and have a look around. It could be a broken ball joint, very bad bearing, broken spring, thrust bearing at the top of the strut, or a totally hammered strut. If it’s during your teeth lose my guess is that it will be relatively easy to see. Be careful driving something like this because if it’s a bad spring Or wheel bearing you might find one of your your wheels leaving you behind!
Okay! Thanks, gonna have the entire front end checked out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.