Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
1,585 Posts
You need to straighten out the letters on that license plate.
View attachment 67389
Before I bought my actual "HARLEM" novelty New York State Plate, I would distort, cover or other wise obscure my actual plate before posting a pic with it in view. Although I really do not know why I do it other than it seems to be a common practice to do. At car shows I just have the Harliem plate on for the event. Still on regular driving days I do photo the car with my current plate in place and will photo shop it out. Now I often dont take to much care to make sure the letters are straight enough for a trolls approval. But I can appreciate the eye of a "thread anchor troll" advising what I need to do to cover my actual plate number. So Thank You smark, I will keep your advise in mind when I'm trying to troll proof a post. Mean time the Kingdom of Troll will just have to.......... Bear it.........

· Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Once again I believe every one in the full on information on demand world and I like Doug DeMuro from the "Doug Score car review videos" I also like the "Candian Gearhead" because he post great car photos. Both present their views on the subject. Countless others also I just like these two and at least start out with open ears to each. Doug is listed as an American youtuber while The Canadian Gearhead states they are Canadian born and raised, the different countries could make a difference in their take on the issue as American law restricting access is being included as a reason to have less worry. As I stated intially that I could not say why I obscured my plate in photos I remembered the gearhead article I read it did have influence.

Now in Gearheads case he is mostly posting vehicles owned by others so may be more inclined to not post the plate. Both takes on the subject would need to be critiqued by a trustworthy (lol) Hacker :cool:, White hat or Black hat or confessions of an internet troll :devilish: about what they can do with a plate number from a internet post. lol.........

As they said in the Game of Thrones....... The internet is Dark ,,,,,, And Full of Terrors.......
or was it the Night is Dark..... hmph :unsure:..... lol

The Harlem Edition On Purchase Day

· Premium Member
1,585 Posts
My EZ Lip during One Lap of America before I had the front end rebuilt along with radiator fan replacement.

Signs Someone Is Trolling
It can sometimes become difficult to tell the difference between a troll and someone who just genuinely wants to argue about a topic. However, here are a few tell-tale signs that someone is actively trolling.

• Off-topic remarks: Completely going off-topic from the subject at hand. This is done to annoy and disrupt other posters.
  • Refusal to acknowledge evidence: Even when presented with hard, cold facts, they ignore this and pretend like they never saw it.
  • Dismissive, condescending tone: An early indicator of a troll was that they would ask an angry responder, “Why you mad, bro?” This is a method done to provoke someone even more, as a way of dismissing their argument altogether.
  • Use of unrelated images or memes: They reply to others with memes, images, and gifs. This is especially true if done in response to a very long text post.
  • Seeming obliviousness: They seem oblivious that most people are in disagreement with them. Also, trolls rarely get mad or provoked.

There is always a point in a thread that goes off topic where some one makes a post that sends the thread off topic. In my opinion in a rash of threads where that is happening here, that pivotal post is by the same individual. All post after the pivotal post are in essence green lighted but the pivotal post is the "axis of evil" (A preferential axis which may have shaped the development of the universe, sometimes abbreviated AOE. in this usage the "universe" is the thread in the which is development is occuring)
Are you that person? Up to you to decide why posting a photo of the front end of your Smart in this thread was not enough. How often are you that pivotal poster? Why? `

· Premium Member
1,585 Posts
bub
…back in the early days a off topic remark in a thread was never taken as a troll post…
…proof of that…the “raccoon hit smart” thread…

jetfuel….look it up
Not gonna look it up. It's an opinion. Don't even know when the term troll became a catch phrase for the dynamics of this issue. It's a behavior inherent to any undefined free flowing conversation. Does the conversation has a particular topic or not. In a focused conversation, something irrelevant is usually called out to keep the conversation on point. Here a thread is moved from time to time for being in a less appropriate category. So why would a thread about turbo boost settings tolerate a post 3 post in that insist butterflies are more agile fliers than bees. Or a photo of a hot wheel track car spinner as the turbo boost. Both send the thread off topic. One By being irrelevant the other by being cute wit that has the next ten post about hot wheel tracks, slot car sets and old favorite toys of the past. Again 3 post in to the thread and we would have 3 post about turbo boost settings 10 post about toys form our past. And do not forget those who make that post that starts the slide do it intentionally and continuously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.