Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me if I can remove just one fender from my 2013 Fortwo or do I need to remove the whole front clip to replace just one fender. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
This is a really good source for all smart car maintenance and repair. Worth while take out a subscription. Check out You Tube too. There are numerous hands on video’s. Demonstrating the procedure. It’s quite involved. But if you take your time. You can accomplish It.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply, I have watched the video. But the question is do I have to take the whole front clip off to change one fender? Or can you just take one side off, Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
The front fenders are attached to the center panel that holds the grill. The fixings are hidden until the front clip is removed, so to separate a fender from the front clip the whole assembly must be removed. It may look like a big job to remove the front panels, but it is not. It is a little tedious, but not difficult to do, even solo. The only problem I had was the antenna threads were seized. I had to destroy it to remove it, so I bought a nice, short one to replace it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can someone please tell me if I can remove just one fender from my 2013 Fortwo or do I need to remove the whole front clip to replace just one fender. Thank you!
I put the tow back bar in my smart passion, (451) took the front fenders off one at a time, get a plastic removal tool at auto store it makes it much easier. You have to remove the clips at the front of fender that are shared with the grill.

·
Registered
57 Posts
good luck getting a straight answer. lots of "selective hearing" on this site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts