Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I need a little help... I am swapping speakers in my ForTwo and I need to trim the interior door panel a few centimeters. What is an effective way to do this? Does the outer skin come off for me to get the panel off? Would a dremel tool work? The stock speakers have already been replaced, so there is no cutting grills out etc. I am simply replacing trashy after market speakers with good ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plastic is easy to cut, but the fabric has to be cut away first, as it will wind onto your rotary tool.
Thanks! I actually put the speakers in this past weekend. It went fairly easy, just time consuming. Luckily for me, the carpet had been trimmed considerably since it already had aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doing same job nowhere my 2013 451......Can you tell me which wire is positive and negative? I have one that’s grey/ black stripe and one grey white stripe....I was expecting only one with a stripe..

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks...

What a great site.....Glad I stumbled upon it....

Just got a 2013 451 a few weeks ago..... So I’ll probably have a lot of questions....I’ll be sure to search before asking....

Installing new front speakers now .....Just about finished... My helper cut the speaker wire for me trying to help...but forgot to look to see which wire was positive/negative on the passenger side......Hopefully I can find out and finish up my first project....

Anyway thanks for the welcome....

P.S...Still the best friend/helper around..😄

1 - 6 of 6 Posts