Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do some front ends have two holes and some with one. Mine only has one hole.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,078 Posts
Both holes are always in the steel bumper, but only one is exposed in the plastic covering depending on whether it's sold in a right or left hand drive country. Some people cut out the plastic to expose the other hole for bumper spikes, two tow hooks, or other accessories.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Really feeling lost without that 4th hole?

Local smart Center would be happy to oblige, probably a one hour $120 minimum? ;)

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Car should be cheaper, no tow bolt under carpet... No threaded bosses in crash element...
What a bargain...

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I say keep the tow holes......VERY useful....especially having the car towed from Gatlinburg to Knoxville to repair a failed crankshaft position sensor last month.:)

·
Registered
624 Posts
And make sure ...

if your car gets towed, they put that little plastic cap back on to keep the receiver end of the tow hook out of the weather; on current models, it's actually fairly elaborate (has the smart logo underneath and some tabs to hold it on); we had our '14 cabrio towed recently and the tow truck guy at least put it in one of the cubbies on the dash so I could put it back on myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
welll we have crashed car years ago and lost the plastic cover....and now. well I hide test tube with scent for my dog to seek in it...Gues what? I cant get it out! What to do?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
welll we have crashed car years ago and lost the plastic cover....and now. well I hide test tube with scent for my dog to seek in it...Gues what? I cant get it out! What to do?
Leave it there or take front end apart.(If it's a glass test tube, hit it with a hammer and touch up the scratches and wait for the smell to go away.):D Chumly

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's plastic...I was super smart for hide the tube in for my dog to seek a substance...And well can't get it out. If it does no harm to the car I'll just leave it there to ride along. And buy a magnetic stickers for hiding scent in future!

·
Super Moderator
11,219 Posts
If it is plastic, try using some hot melt glue on it and stick a piece of string or wire to it, let it cool and then maybe it can be pulled out. (??)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts