Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This item is specifically for the 450 so thought it would be best to place it here.

I have a brand new MDC bordcomputer V 2.55 for sale. Learn more about it here

This item is probably one of my favorite additions to my own smart. It allows you to monitor much more than the OEM display. In addition I have the Distribution Board that can be connected to this version of the bord computer. With this you have the ability to monitor oil pressure and temp, voltage and interior cabin temp (additional components required)

Here is a
to a youtube video showing it installed and operating. The only display not shown in this video is the one that shows oil pressure, oil temp and voltage. It also displays the settings in liters and celsius but that is changeable to gallons and F in the menu options.

Retail price for both items is $425 USD. I am listing these for $200 OBO plus shipping. PM serious inquires or questions only. Paypal accepted. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Do you have the stand alone version or the one that replaces the speedo readout? Do you have everything for the installation, cables etc? Do you have english instructions? Did you put your own in? Is it hard to do? Pictures?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the unit that replaces the display in the speedo. I installed mine myself and found it to be rather straight forward and not too difficult. Just take your time and don't put yourself in a situation where you feel rushed. It is a new set and includes the necessary cables. AS mentioned though, if you want to be able to take advantage of the oil pressure, oil temp, voltage and inner cabin temps you will have to purchase those items separately. The bordcomputer and distribution board just allow you to incorporate these readings into your display.

Here are a couple options for install instructions. The second is straight from the MDC website and are translated to English. Pictures included with the install instructions which definitely is a bonus i think.

option 1
option 2

Here is the web address to the manual. Enter into Google translate so that it will be in English.

http://misterdotcom.de/smart/Shop/Electronic/Bordcomputer/Bedienungsanleitung-Bordcomputer-Version259.pdf

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been getting a decent amount of interest in this but lots of questions as to what is included. Here is what you would be receiving. Feel free to ask additional questions if needed. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.