Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all dark segments were gone and the symbol was blinking. shouldn't there be other segments showing the last bit of fuel in the tank? at least thats how i read this.....If this occurs,
• the fuel pump symbol in the fuel level
display flashes
• the reserve fuel indicator shows the fuel
level in the tank at exactly 0.1 US gal (0.5 l)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
That's exactly how it's supposed to work. The last bit is displayed digitally after the segments are gone.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ran mine till the symbol flashed but never got the digital segments.....any ideas or comments would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
After you get below the last segment, the segments go away and it starts a countdown from .9 to 0. Once it hits 0, you are out f gas and the car will most likely stop running. As soon as I get to about the last 2 lines, I refill, or even once it gets to the 1/2 way mark. But I drive a lot of miles to work and back each week and try to refill when I am not late for work...

·
Registered
41 Posts
After you get below the last segment, the segments go away and it starts a countdown from .9 to 0. Once it hits 0, you are out f gas and the car will most likely stop running. As soon as I get to about the last 2 lines, I refill, or even once it gets to the 1/2 way mark. But I drive a lot of miles to work and back each week and try to refill when I am not late for work...

My 2013 Smart displays how far it will go after the low gas warning starts flashing. When it displayed 0.3 until empty it took 8.4 gallons to fill. I don't plan to let it get this low again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
My 2013 Smart displays how far it will go after the low gas warning starts flashing. When it displayed 0.3 until empty it took 8.4 gallons to fill. I don't plan to let it get this low again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When it gets down below 1 gal of gas left, it counts down to empty. you had 0.3 gal left before it was empty. That isn't much gas...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts