Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my gas tank (2008 passion) and pinched the fuel line and canister line. Question being can I replace them with something other then the original line. The original looks like it is formed on the barbs. If I have to get the original where do I get it from and how does it get installed? If a generic is ok what type of clamps would be the best? Thanks I hope this hasn't been answered somewhere else. The fuel pump when direct wired to 12 volts outside the car in a paan of water does nothing, just an arc at the terminals and nothing??? The car has been sitting for quite some time with 1/4 tank. The fuse was blown but replaced and the outcome is the above.n Thanks skip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I removed my gas tank (2008 passion) and pinched the fuel line and canister line. Question being can I replace them with something other then the original line. The original looks like it is formed on the barbs. If I have to get the original where do I get it from and how does it get installed? If a generic is ok what type of clamps would be the best? Thanks I hope this hasn't been answered somewhere else. The fuel pump when direct wired to 12 volts outside the car in a paan of water does nothing, just an arc at the terminals and nothing??? The car has been sitting for quite some time with 1/4 tank. The fuse was blown but replaced and the outcome is the above.n Thanks skip
After calming down about the pinched lines, to answer a cell phone, I have gone back down and looked. I have pinched the small line that goes to the charcoal filter box and one on the filter box. Are these pressurized? how do they affix to b
After calming down about pinching fuel line( to answer a useless cell phone) I see now that I pinched the small tube coming out of gas tank to the carbon filter and yet another on the filter box. Are these pressurized? Can I replace with generic gas line tubing? How is the original tubing put on the barbs, I might have enough to regrip so to speak?
Where can you buy replacement parts like these for the smart cars

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seems to be part numbers 4514761101 which is a vent line from the tank to the filler neck and part number 4514760401 which is another vent line that runs from the canister to a valve up on the passenger side in by the fender well. I have asked if these two lines could be replaced with fuel safe line for the tank to the filler neck?? The other has a fitting on the valve side and just plain on the other end. Probably will have to order the cannister line due to the fitting/ What do you think ?Input?? Thanks Skip

·
Registered
136 Posts
What a bargain at > $250!!! Try self serve car yards, should be a small fraction of RockAuto price, for new item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts