Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Smart turhs over but will not start. New plugs air and fuel filters. the fuel pressure is just under 30psi and I thought that might be the problem. Any ideas anyone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Grand daughter had the car, When she was leaving school it sputtered and tried to start but it would not go. It still just sputters when I try to start , like it wants to start but it does'nt.

·
Registered
251 Posts
fuel filter

he states he change the fuel filter,the fuel filter is integrated with the pump wich is in the fuel tank.
This involves droping the fuel tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes , my mechanic dropped the tank as there is no valve to check pressure. Starting fluid was my idea also , but it has a fuel rail not a throttle body. one code showed it was crank position sensor. I bought one ($400.00) , but that did nothing. I appreciate your help all but I guess I will have to flatbed it 50 miles to the dealership.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ours did the same thing (threw CPS code) when the fuel pump died. Luckily I only dropped 60 bucks on a CPS thanks to folks on this forum (same as a Mitsubishi 6 cyl and readily available).

Take jetfuels advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know how much a Smart fuel pump cost . but if it's anything like other parts it's probably expensive. Is there any other choice out there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
fuel pump

Did your mechanic test the fuel pump off the car?
when you drop the tank you can put 12 volts and see if gas is coming out of the pump.
These are retunless gas pumps the 12 v is modulated on and off by the cpu to provide diferent gas pressues at diferent loads, the voltage is a square waveform pulse modulation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rubyg ..I will give this info to the mechanic and see if this helps.
Thanks to all hope I can save a long tow job.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts